+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pets

Beatricejvr

Nov 10, 2017
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Hi, can anybody please tell me how difficult or easy it is to bring along a small breed dog with us. I have read that Canada require that the dog must have had all vacinations and a rabies injection plus vets certificate that dog is healthy.

Is there any cost that is not listed in the site? According to what i have read i only need to pay for flight ticket?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi, can anybody please tell me how difficult or easy it is to bring along a small breed dog with us. I have read that Canada require that the dog must have had all vacinations and a rabies injection plus vets certificate that dog is healthy.

Is there any cost that is not listed in the site? According to what i have read i only need to pay for flight ticket?
1. Fairly straight forward, all the instructions and fees are here: http://tinyurl.com/njbua2j
2. You should note that some airlines will not transport pets in the hold during the winter. Contact the airline.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
What country are you coming from?

I bought my cat to Canada with me, and the only cost was the vet bill (rabies shot & health certificate) and the additional cost to add him to my flight. Airlines, however, are a lot stricter on transporting animals.

vinamra

Apr 11, 2017
NOC Code......

Hi, please refer to this. I'm going to bring my dog too.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-how-can-you-take-your-pet-to-canada.526926/

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
What country are you coming from?

I bought my cat to Canada with me, and the only cost was the vet bill (rabies shot & health certificate) and the additional cost to add him to my flight. Airlines, however, are a lot stricter on transporting animals.
Hi @mgnlky,
I am planning to move to Canada next year, and want to bring my cats once I get settled in Canada.
Do you mind sharing your experience? Which country did you move from? Which airline? Which port of entry? Were there any checks done at the airport? etc. It would be of great help to the rest of us.
Thanks!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Hi @mgnlky,
I am planning to move to Canada next year, and want to bring my cats once I get settled in Canada.
Do you mind sharing your experience? Which country did you move from? Which airline? Which port of entry? Were there any checks done at the airport? etc. It would be of great help to the rest of us.
Thanks!
I moved from the US, flew United Airlines and landed in Vancouver. The only thing the CBSA officer asked me for was the rabies certificate and health certificate. That was all; nothing was stamped, no special forms or anything. He spent more time saying how pretty my cat was than he did with the actual official duties.

Reactions: Onpoint