Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
And anything that divides those of us who DO care deeply about immigration issues is absolutely dead in the water. We've already seen in this thread that talking about only inland applications instantly raises the ire of those who cannot be with their spouses during the process.

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Regarding the petition, no matter how much you slice the arguments over inland applicants, it all comes down to this. There were 2 choices to make. So as long as there were choices your arguments becomes moot because everyone will come back to say this: you made a choice to take the inland route.

I would support your petition if there were no choices. Only inland available only. Not outland. Or the other way around. No inland and only outland sponsorship only. Then you "really didn't have a choice" because there was no choice.

In conclusion, as long as you have 2 options to take to immigrate to Canada through spousal PR application, you really can't have your cake and eat it too just because it didn't turn out the way you wanted in one of your choices.

You really can't CIC to treat inland more favorable over the outland. So I would support petition to reduce outland and inland sponsorship but not one over the other.
I don't buy that argument. For example, its your choice to get pregnant (often), but that doesn't mean your employer can discriminate against you if you have chosen to get pregnant.

Applications are processed based on the visa office that takes them in. It makes no difference to Vegreville if the Singapore office is busy or not. Each office should be process the applications they receive in a timely manor. But it is actual POLICY that vegreville go slow as a punishment for people who apply inland. That is clearly wrong. I think some Outland applicants think they will get in faster if the Inland applicants are forced to wait longer. NOT TRUE. Punishing your fellow applicants does not help your application. Nice thought tho.

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leopold_31 said:
I think we need a petition to improve outland times, not inland.
Those who applied for inland have it easy - you are together.
So I don't know what you inland guys are whining about, you have it much easier than outland applicants.
So start one? Who is stopping you?

I don't know how it benefits you to take a big dump on this persons petition.

Please explain to me how that will help Outland applicants even one single iota? Or help anyone? Or contribute anything positive to the universe at all?

I'm waiting.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
kafka khaos said:
But it is actual POLICY that vegreville go slow as a punishment for people who apply inland. That is clearly wrong.
Do you actually have any proof of that, or is it just some conspiracy theory?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
Then why it didn't happen the other way? We pay $550 application fee, let alone $490 RPRF. On average, how many working hours would officers spend on one single application that is charged $550? If altogether they (CIC, CBSA, local offices) spent 5 hours or more to process an application, that is a pay rate of $100 per hour AFFORDED BY THE APPLICANT, not by taxpayers, so they shouldn't take budget as a lasting excuse for delay. They have more applications meaning more money from us. There is nothing to stop them hiring more people.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
Then why it didn't happen the other way? We pay $550 application fee, let alone $490 RPRF. On average, how many working hours would officers spend on one single application that is charged $550? If altogether they (CIC, CBSA, local offices) spent 5 hours or more to process an application, that is a pay rate of $100 per hour AFFORDED BY THE APPLICANT, not by taxpayers, so they shouldn't take budget as a lasting excuse for delay. They have more applications meaning more money from us. There is nothing to stop them hiring more people.
you do realize the same office is processing 100% of entire inland applications, not to mention other immigration documentation. most outland offices are only working with a single country. international offices which handles the same number of cases are running at over 2 years. on top of that federal workers are getting cut to save expenses. can't blame the officers all the time. there are hardly enough officers to handle all these cases.

that's the reason why CIC is setting limits in the immigration process.

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
kafka khaos said:
So start one? Who is stopping you?

I don't know how it benefits you to take a big dump on this persons petition.

Please explain to me how that will help Outland applicants even one single iota? Or help anyone? Or contribute anything positive to the universe at all?

I'm waiting.
If it was a petition for improved times for both inland and outland I would support it. But why waste resources only on inland applications, what makes them so special? They already have it easy - being able to stay together.
To me this petition is like complaining that your cake is chocolate and you wanted vanilla, while standing in front of african children who didn't have anything to eat since last night.

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
Irrelevant. If they are not doing that then they can continue to not do it. If they are doing it, as I believe they are because of my reading of their policies, then they need to stop.

But as we can see, Outland applicants actually support this policy even tho it doesn't help them one iota.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leopold_31 said:
If it was a petition for improved times for both inland and outland I would support it. But why waste resources only on inland applications, what makes them so special? They already have it easy - being able to stay together.
To me this petition is like complaining that your cake is chocolate and you wanted vanilla, while standing in front of african children who didn't have anything to eat since last night.
actually they dont have it easy. they have other difficulties as well. for example, an outland spouse doesn't have to change their lifestyle during the application. but inland applicants can't work, study or get proper health care while they are waiting for the process to be over. they are practically living as illegal immigrants in canada. so yeah the spouses can't meet, but at least the other spouse doesn't have to leave work, stay away from other family members, can't visit anywhere. many outland applicants who are from visa exempt countries can come and visit their spouses easily and then go back to their countries.

not saying one is better than the other. just that both have different difficulties, so stop throwing mud at the other end thinking grass is greener there.

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leopold_31 said:
Make your own petition for Outland. Who is stopping you? What is his name?

And BTW, i'm sure so many inlanders will be signing your petition since you have shown such compassion for theirs.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kafka khaos said:
Irrelevant. If they are not doing that then they can continue to not do it. If they are doing it, as I believe they are because of my reading of their policies, then they need to stop.

But as we can see, Outland applicants actually support this policy even tho it doesn't help them one iota.
vegreville is not the issue any more, it's mississauga's pain now.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
civic said:
We pay $550 application fee, let alone $490 RPRF. On average, how many working hours would officers spend on one single application that is charged $550? If altogether they (CIC, CBSA, local offices) spent 5 hours or more to process an application, that is a pay rate of $100 per hour AFFORDED BY THE APPLICANT, not by taxpayers, so they shouldn't take budget as a lasting excuse for delay. They have more applications meaning more money from us. There is nothing to stop them hiring more people.
It takes more than 5 hours to process an application. The fees one pays to process an app, don't actually cover all the time/cost in employee wages/benefits/pension required. Lots of the cost is covered by tax payers.

There are over 10,000 inland applications each year for spousal sponsorship. Plus the staff also work on other types of inland immigration apps, not just family ones. Long processing times are due to an incredible number of apps received, and limited staff to work on them.

kafka khaos said:
So where is this policy that you can read, that says they are specifically punishing inland applicants?? Sounds like a wacky conspiracy theory.

Common sense says that inland delays are due to thousands of apps received each month, and limited staff to work on them, as well as those staff coordinating with applicants home countries and governments to perform all necessary checks.

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
kafka khaos said:
Make your own petition for Outland. Who is stopping you? What is his name?

And BTW, i'm sure so many inlanders will be signing your petition since you have shown such compassion for theirs.
Make my own petition? Why bother they won't give a shit.
It has nothing to do with compassion, I am just stating the facts. Inland applicants have it easy, why are you complaining. So it takes a year or half a year to complete your application, is it such a big deal since you are already LIVING TOGETHER? I dare you to come to someone from Pakistan for example, whose processing times are like 30 month and he cant get a visitor visa for his wife and only gets 2 weeks vacation a year and you say to his face "We inland applicants have it hard, my wife can't work while shes staying with me in Canada".

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What doesn't seem to make sense, is why CIC shifted all Inland applications to CPC-M, if they did not have the staff and/or resources to handle the workload. What happened to the workers in Vegreville?

This was supposed to be a move to `leverage' the expertise of CPC-M, but...

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
Leopold_31 said:
You think just because we leech off our spouse for about 2 years that we have it easier? That's a mighty ignorant thing to say. None of us have ever said that Outlanders don't have it rough too, but we also suffer as well. Apparently the lifestyle of being at home 24/7 (while our spouse provides for us) without being able to do anything productive is easy for you. Make your own petition if it bothers you so much, but don't sit here childishly attacking inlanders because they feel the need to express how they feel.