21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
civic said:
One big difference between US and Canada is US usually keeps their promises to the people in immigration queues, 1 year, 5 year, 10 year, doesn't matter they will all be called, if qualified. Canada doesn't. Recent actions by CIC have shown how Canada can easily break its promises. Attitude towards immigrants is more negative here in Canada. The conservatives has ruined almost every good images left in CIC department. We hope to see changes from the other Canadian governments in future.
Civic, I am curious, are you from the US? If you are, then you have been living under a rock. Immigrants in the US are treated quite badly and seen in quite a negative light, only because the MAJORITY of immigrants in the US are not even there legally, they hopped a fence, crossed the river, laid in a false trunk and crossed via land, whatever or however they got there, it wasn't through the legal and proper channels and for that, many many MANY immigrants are highly frowned upon.

I have read many many of your posts and you ALWAYS default back to the USA being so spectacular when it comes to their immigration. You do realize there are HUGE differences in the entire process. I am sure Canada could implement something similar to what the US uses and does, however, then you would be likely filing a petition stating that it is not fair that your spouse has to make x amount of dollars per year just to sponsor you and a visit visa to the US is much harder to obtain than one to Canada, so the idea of an "inland" sponsorship is absolutely of no concern. You keep saying that the US gives the spouse of an american citizen the right to work immediately, well yes, in a sense, they do, but only because they have arrived on US soil essentially already having passed the requirements necessary to immigrate. The US's idea of a 'skilled worker' really comes down to are you a 'rocket scientist' and by that I don't mean are you smart, I literally mean, are you a rocket engineer or something in that similar field.

Immigration to Canada, while a longer process, is a much much easier process to complete and that is why there is such a high amount of applicants. Many many many folks immigrating to Canada are using is solely as a 'stepping stone' to the US. They can't immigrate to the US from their home countries, but they can come to Canada and if they just hang out for 3 years, they can get a Canadian passport and THEN they can immigrate to the US much easier.

I guess what I am saying is that ALL countries appear to have a better process looking in from the outside, but if you are in the middle of their process is might not seem so grand afterall. The grass is always greener and so on and so forth.

I applaud your desire to want to bring about change, but doing it always in such a hateful and negative light does not appear to make you appreciative of the fact that Canada has allowed / extended you the ability to be with your spouse while you are in the middle of this process.

@Kafka: You are correct if you don't complain and fight and make a stink nothing gets done, however you can do that constructively.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bravo! Well done indeed!

That was a plethora of information! ;)

Being an American I can concur with everything you said about THAT, broken archaic system!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ponga said:
Bravo! Well done indeed!

That was a plethora of information! ;)

Being an American I can concur with everything you said about THAT, broken archaic system!
AGGGHHHH, the Plethora is back .... lmao!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I take it you must not have been a foreign student during the Paul Martin years? If you were, you would conceed that the Conservatives have done more for immigrants than the previous gov't. Just to give you a brief summary of what the Conservatives have done since taking power in 2008:
1. reduced right of permanent residence fee from $1000 to $490.
2. created the off-campus work for students. I remember I couldn't work off-campus until after graduation. Even then, you needed a job related to your field of studies and you had to get an LMO too.
3. Introduced the post-graduate work permit.
4. created Canadian Experience Class
5. made changes to CEC so that foreign workers only need 1 year skilled work experience, instead of 2.

It is true the processing times are long and they cut the backlog by returning applications, which was not fair. But that backlog began with the Liberal gov't and just got bigger under the Conservatives. Under the Liberals, it was not uncommon to hear about sponsorships done in like 6 months. I heard people just sent in their wedding videos and were approved. But there was a lot of marriage fraud and marriages of convenience. When the conservatives took over, they began looking a bit deeper and began noticing fraud. So we are all paying for the sins of those who defrauded the gov't.
While I don't agree with every conservative policy, I can admit where they have gotten things right. At least you get to be with your spouse while you wait even if he/she can't work. Some of us have spouses overseas and the processing times for my(our) visa office just went from 23 to 25 months. Not saying your plight is "less" serious, but it helps with a little perspective.

civic said:
One big difference between US and Canada is US usually keeps their promises to the people in immigration queues, 1 year, 5 year, 10 year, doesn't matter they will all be called, if qualified. Canada doesn't. Recent actions by CIC have shown how Canada can easily break its promises. Attitude towards immigrants is more negative here in Canada. The conservatives has ruined almost every good images left in CIC department. We hope to see changes from the other Canadian governments in future.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Avadava said:
I got an idea for a petition! CIC should give you the choice of who you want to sponsor. Either parents and grandparents or siblings. You can have one, but not both.
I would 100% support the petition to adopt the sibling sponsorship in lieu of parents/grandparents sponsorship.

The siblings will be able to contribute to Canada's economy and support the social system. This route makes a lot more economic sense over parents/grandparents. Parents/grandparents are nothing more than free babysitters and a strain on Canada health care.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Ponga said:
With all due respect (truly), if you don't like the system...why did you submit an Inland application?

Perhaps a shift of energy from negative to positive would be a good thing to consider. Be grateful for the opportunity and endure the `pain' of the process...the process that you chose.

When I applied, I knew the pitfalls for an Inland application, but even with the sudden stoppage in movement, the times are still faster than when I applied, so...I'm VERY grateful for that.
I agree it needs to be done in a positive energy, you are right about that.

But that doesn't mean we should just accept lethargic and inefficient government bureaucracy. It's not an 'opportunity' for me to have my wife immigrate to Canada; it's a right.

We are citizens of a wonderful country that I dearly love, and I am grateful to have been born here, be sure of that. But I also have a responsibility; we all do. A responsibility to democracy. MPs and politicians are supposed to represent us, the citizens. Laws and procedures are here to help us, not punish us. Crown corporations, along with gov't departments, exist to serve us, to make us secure, and they exist only *because* of us. And don't forget: we are ALL immigrants (except of course for the natives).

So we have a right to demand more from them, because they are citizens like us, being paid for by us, and most importantly I want Canada to become even better than it already is. And I feel that improving immigration and CIC is one small, personal way to do it.

Mar 22, 2014
I'm preparing to file a complaint against CIC with Canadian Human Rights Commission & if need be then even approach the International Human Rights Commission.

I believe that Canadian Immigration Departments & Systems;

1. Must be investigated for their unreasonable delays in processing times;
2. Must be investigated for obstructing applicant's right to travel (early passport seizures in the name of processing-without disclosure of acts);
3. For refusing to be transparent/ responsive during "processing times";
4. Reasons for Inadequate supply of manpower to support influx/intake of applications;
5. Acting as a barrier in reunification of families; &
6. Other discriminatory practices.

My purpose for this is not to spread hatred but to invite transparency in the system. This is an effort to put things in place rather than giving up. It's an effort to put a stop to being bullied by the government systems. I'm alone today but am sure that in days & years to come will be joined by millions.

I was almost at the verge of giving up my life; I didn't come to this country to be suffocated & choked to death. I & many others come to Canada in search of progressive future, healthy lifestyle; we are all dignified labour effectively contributing to the economy & still being treated as junk!
I'm coming out of my comfort zone to fight this for generations to come; not just for personal gains.
We all need to start somewhere, I believe this is it for me.

If anyone would like to contribute by means of signing petition(s) or representation or free legal advise, would be greatly appreciated. I do not intend & will never ask for monetary contributions or contributions of materialistic value(s); so please be aware of any crooks who may try take undue advantage.

At last I wish all the best to fellow applicants who have already received or in the process of receiving their visas.
Right now I don't see much difference in government systems between Canada & alleged 3rd World countries with the exception of use of English, French & possibly spitting tobacco chew on the walls.

Remember it's easy to shut the door on our problems if we manage to find an easier solution but truly does the problems go away!

Respects,
DI

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
automaton82 said:
But that doesn't mean we should just accept lethargic and inefficient government bureaucracy. It's not an 'opportunity' for me to have my wife immigrate to Canada; it's a right.
It is never a "right" for anyone to immigrate to any country in the world for any reason (not just Canada)... it is a "privilege" extended by that country. Immigration is a controlled process that is subject to many rules and regulations in order to protect it's citizens. Even more so for wealthy countries that offer benefits and services that are not available elsewhere, all paid for by tax-payers.

It's perhaps a right to have your spouse move here ONLY if it can first be determined that the relationship is genuine, and that there are no security issues involved. If it was just a case of showing a marriage certificate and being approved instantly, then the number of fraud cases of people trying to gain immigration to Canada would skyrocket, harming all other Canadians. Since there are many dishonest people out there, you need to accept our immigration program for the privilege it is, and the harsh scrutiny and process that goes with it.

DivineIntervention said:
When CIC spends more time on applications from particular countries, it is not because they are discriminating or just don't like people from that country. It is based on historical data of cases of fraud and security issues. If there have been more such instances from a particular country, then it is expected processing times from that country will be significantly higher to protect all Canadians.

Since immigration of anyone to any country for any reason is never a "right", this is not discriminatory and not a human rights violation.

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DivineIntervention said:
I'm preparing to file a complaint against CIC with Canadian Human Rights Commission & if need be then even approach the International Human Rights Commission.

I believe that Canadian Immigration Departments & Systems;

1. Must be investigated for their unreasonable delays in processing times;
2. Must be investigated for obstructing applicant's right to travel (early passport seizures in the name of processing-without disclosure of acts);
3. For refusing to be transparent/ responsive during "processing times";
4. Reasons for Inadequate supply of manpower to support influx/intake of applications;

My purpose for this is not to spread hatred but to invite transparency in the system. This is an effort to put things in place rather than giving up. It's an effort to put a stop to being bullied by the government systems. I'm alone today but am sure that in days & years to come will be joined by millions.
Please also look at the discriminatory practices towards Inland applicants vs Outland. No right to appeal, longer wait times that are purposefully made longer as part of policy, and at the end when they receive the COPR, the Outland applicant can immediately go and get a SIN card while an Inland applicant with the same COPR has to wait another 2 months for their actual PR card to arrive in the mail (this particular discrimination is really bizarre and pointless. If someone needs a SIN at that point, let them get it).

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
I think we need a petition to improve outland times, not inland.
Those who applied for inland have it easy - you are together. So what that it takes a bit longer than SOME of the outland applications, at least your with your loved one. Enjoy that luxury.
Many of us who applied outland have not seen our husband/wife for half a year, a year, sometimes more. And getting a visitor visa is close to impossible if you are in the middle of the sponsorship process.
So I don't know what you inland guys are whining about, you have it much easier than outland applicants.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
screech339 said:
The siblings will be able to contribute to Canada's economy and support the social system. This route makes a lot more economic sense over parents/grandparents. Parents/grandparents are nothing more than free babysitters and a strain on Canada health care.
Now THERE's a positive innovation for Immigration to look at.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I think the wait times are pretty disheartening for inland and (many) outland applicants. I would like to see those times improved, but being married to a military man (big government bureaucracy) and having worked most of my adult life for a large state university in the States (another big bureaucracy), CIC will never be the streamlined and efficient machine we'd all like to see. I do think they could improve their processes, but at what cost? What are we willing to pay? Should tax payers, most of whom will live and die not giving a single sh1t about immigration, have to pay more for us to bring our spouses to Canada (I say "us" and "our spouses" in the broad sense, as I'm the immigrant and my husband is the citizen)? There are going to be a LOT of people shouting about that. Should we, as the immigrants and sponsors, have to pay more? Then we're looking at financially discriminating against those who can't afford $2000 or $3000 to sponsor their spouses (especially when we factor in any spouses in Canada who can't work during some or all of the process, or those spouses without the language skills to work even after immigration - like me! because I arrived with no French in a very French area).

There are no easy answers, and I don't see a lot of good coming out of pointing out the myriad (take THAT, plethora!) problems with the process without offering any real solutions. From my perspective, when and how an OWP is issued is the one thing that it might be possible to address without talking about major changes that will cost major money.

But then, if we want to talk about being fair, inland IS a choice we make (even if we're dumb for making it, like I was, haha), so how about discussing the issue of issuing visitor visas to foreign family members? That, to me, is the cruelest part of this process, those from non-visa-exempt countries who cannot even come to visit their spouse while their applications are in progress. And many are from the visa offices with the longest waits (as Rob_TO wisely mentioned, the waits are longer for a reason, but that doesn't lessen the pain of separation for genuine couples).

civic said:
As Alurra did, I'm calling BS on this. While it depends to a large extent on what part of the US you're talking about (the Northest and larger cities being more inclusive and open-minded, the West and South and more rural areas/small towns being less so). Heck, Arizona has tried VERY hard to legislate being brown into a crime worthy of police attention. I'm from Oklahoma, and while there are some truly wonderful and well-educated people there, there are also many who add their voices to the cries of "Dey-took-our jobs!" and "If'n you cain't speek the Anglish, go backta where ya came from!"

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Nevermind the "whiners", it bothers them even MORE to be "ignored".

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Regarding the petition, no matter how much you slice the arguments over inland applicants, it all comes down to this. There were 2 choices to make. So as long as there were choices your arguments becomes moot because everyone will come back to say this: you made a choice to take the inland route.

I would support your petition if there were no choices. Only inland available only. Not outland. Or the other way around. No inland and only outland sponsorship only. Then you "really didn't have a choice" because there was no choice.

In conclusion, as long as you have 2 options to take to immigrate to Canada through spousal PR application, you really can't have your cake and eat it too just because it didn't turn out the way you wanted in one of your choices.

You really can't expect CIC to treat inland more favorable over the outland. So I would support petition to reduce outland and inland sponsorship timeline but not one over the other.