+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

petition to the minister of safety (security screening).

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Most of the MPs are educated and have a good command of English unless if you are a professor in English literature and you claim you have the best Englissh. Sorry I don't have time to answer you.
No, I'm not Trump, I don't claim to have 'the best English'. I'm just asking you, next time you want something considered by government, to improve your chances by not presenting them a dog's breakfast of lies, innuendo, and strange sentence structure.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The petition is created and collecting votes daily, so there's no need to discuss all of that.
I can only add one more thing, a person won't understand what another person is going through until he'll be in his shoes!
Not
How come work permits are given to asylums in couple of weeks and they live and work in canada even if they are under screening. Also the spouse from certain countries that dont need visa or gets visa easily are living in canada and inland applicants are in security for up to 8 years while their normal life is not stopped? Check Australia, England, Newzeland, etc and even third world countries.waiting a year is a wish some of the petition support ers are seperated from their spousr for 31 months and their family life is falling apart. Why as a Canadian you have to choose between your country and your spouse? Should u divorce or leave your country, career, parents and siblings, etc?!!!!
Just so you know asylum seekers are only given work permits if they are getting welfare. The hope is that tax payers will not have to support them while their case is assessed. This is not to benefit the asylum seeker it is for the benefit the Canadian tax payer. If you have savings you wait with no work permit. In real asylum cases people are fleeing for their lives and don't have the luxury to wait in their home countries for a security screening so they are let in after a brief security assessment.

There is all this talk about making a choice between Canada and your spouse and keeping families apart but by beginning a relationship with someone in another country you are making a choice to take on the complications that come with it. In many of the cases these relationships result from family contacts and introductions so it would also be possible to seek out only partners that live in your own country. In terms of pregnancy if you plan a pregnancy while in the sponsorship process you should anticipate that your partner may not be able to attend the birth. Sure there are unplanned pregnancies but in the cases of planned pregnancies you could easily wait until your know your partner will be in the country.

There are tons of these petitions by various self-interest groups. These things rarely go anywhere. If it makes you happy to put your time and energy into this all the power to you. I have a strong feeling that you probably don't support most of Jenny Kwan's immigration policies.

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
I was disgusted by some of the posts left here by some of you people! Do you have any idea how it feels like to be apart from your wife or husband or children for more than a year and in some cases for years?! Before 7 Dec. 2016 the standard processing time for my country was only 8 months and now it's one year. we planned our life based on that time frame. It's absolutely understandable if it takes a few more months but I cant wrap my head around the fact that some people have been waiting for 2 or 3 years without knowing where they are standing! What kind of stupid procedure are they following in their security check? This is Canada's absolute right to check our background and even reject any application for whatever reason they see fit(according to the law) but they should do it within a reasonable amount of time. And you people, if you think there is anything wrong with the petition, if you care about some desperate person's life who has been away from their spouse for a long time, you can help to make it better and more effective instead of calling it a joke, childish, a lie, etc...Who the hell do you think you are to use that kind of sharp and insulting language? The government advocates?!!!! Shame on you! If you don't want to help then please just be quiet and mind your own business.

Last edited:

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
I was disgusted by some of the posts left here by some of you people! Do you have any idea how it feels like to be apart from your wife or husband or children for more than a year and in some cases for years?! Before 7 Dec. 2016 the standard processing time for my country was only 8 months and now it's one year. we planned our life based on that time frame. It's absolutely understandable if it takes a few more months but I cant wrap my head around the fact that some people have been waiting for 2 or 3 years without knowing where they are standing! What kind of stupid procedure are they following in their security check? This is Canada's absolute right to check our background and even reject any application for whatever reason they see fit(according to the law) but they should do it within a reasonable amount of time. And you people, if you think there is anything wrong with the petition, if you care about some desperate person's life who has been away from their spouse for a long time, you can help to make it better and more effective instead of calling it a joke, childish, a lie, etc...Who the hell do you think you are to use that kind of sharp and insulting language? The government advocates?!!!! Shame on you! If you don't want to help then please just be quiet and mind your own business.
Perhaps you should speak with arguments a lot more than you speak with your feelings, that way you would make more sense. In case you haven't noticed, the vast majority of us here are waiting to be reunited with our spouses, so we all have an idea of the feeling of being apart that you are describing. You say you are disgusted by posts of people here. So far, until I read your post, I didn't see anyone being aggressive towards other people. People were criticizing the petition, many explaining how it is not coherent with what really happens. However, you are the one who is being disrespectful and using several justifications that are less than poor. Honestly, the shame is on you, who thinks that being violent (at least in the words you've written on your post) towards people who think different to you, is the right thing to do and the way to go. Now that is something that definitely disgusts me, and I'm sure it does to many more people.

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Perhaps you should speak with arguments a lot more than you speak with your feelings, that way you would make more sense. In case you haven't noticed, the vast majority of us here are waiting to be reunited with our spouses, so we all have an idea of the feeling of being apart that you are describing. You say you are disgusted by posts of people here. So far, until I read your post, I didn't see anyone being aggressive towards other people. People were criticizing the petition, many explaining how it is not coherent with what really happens. However, you are the one who is being disrespectful and using several justifications that are less than poor. Honestly, the shame is on you, who thinks that being violent (at least in the words you've written on your post) towards people who think different to you, is the right thing to do and the way to go. Now that is something that definitely disgusts me, and I'm sure it does to many more people.
I had used logic in my argument but if you didnt see it or did not want to see it thats not my problem. Also I didnt see any violent word in my post. This is a free forum and all I said was an expression of frustration to those who accuse other people of lying and etc and if you found it violent again thats your problem! Perhaps if you or your spouse's application takes as long as ours or you and your spouse be apart for more than a year then you may be a bit more sympathic. Anyway if you and people like you dont find our argument logical, you can arrange your own petition and ask the government to make the wait time even longer! At the end if anyone found my post violent, I apologize to them and wish them all good luck with their application.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Do you have any idea how it feels like to be apart from your wife or husband or children for more than a year and in some cases for years?!
Yes, people here have an idea. I don't see the logic in this, since most of us here have an idea of what you are talking about.
And you people, if you think there is anything wrong with the petition, if you care about some desperate person's life who has been away from their spouse for a long time, you can help to make it better and more effective instead of calling it a joke, childish, a lie, etc...
People were saying what they think is wrong with the petition. I also don't see logic in this "argument". It's just like as if you were saying to all these people: if you don't like it, you make it better, instead of criticizing it. Way to go.
Who the hell do you think you are
Nothing violent in your words? Perhaps you should look twice and fix the way you think about it.
The government advocates?!!!! Shame on you! If you don't want to help then please just be quiet and mind your own business.
What's the argument here? If you don't like it, look away and get out? If you don't like it then shut up and don't have an opinion, don't speak? Where is the logic in all this?
Here I've made it more clear, since it seems like you didn't catch it before.

Reactions: kcward7 and jman25

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The petition is pointless. Like the dozens of other very poorly written petitions that have circled around this forum for years, it will go nowhere.

As for those complaining about being away from their spouse, being pregnant alone etc., those are all personal life choices that you made. You can't blame the Canadian government or anyone else for your own choices.