+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Loan in Dubai and the consequences later?

dan9

Jan 24, 2021
Hi reader!

Please try to answer if you have any experience or knowledge on the below points:

First let me explain my current situation: I'am working on a full-time job in Dubai and I have no problems with it (by the grace of God). My fiancee moved to Canada last July 2020 as she received her PR and she is doing fine now and working also on a full-time job in PEI, Canada. We originally had a plan to travel together but my visitor visa application got delayed due to Covid. Now our plan is, for me to travel to Canada after I receive my visitor visa that i applied during Feb 2020. (which I may receive soon as I already have received the approved covid19 exemption travel letter from IRCC). And then after I reach there my fiancee will apply for a inland spousal sponsorship visa followed by an open work permit visa so that I can start working there while waiting for the spousal PR to be approved.

However the challenge and my question lies below:

1) I have a personal loan for about AED 80k outstanding and I have no intention to stop paying it, so after I leave Dubai, Is there a possibility that I can pay from Canada every month without missing even a single payment as soon as I get there? If Yes, how can we do it as the bank account will remain frozen after I move as I would not have any current active UAE visa to keep my account as normal. How do I contact the bank? Will they agree as they will have no choice or will they take strong actions?

2) Will the bank try to deposit the cheque which they had originally made me sign for the full loan amount while taking the loan, now assuming that I had left the country. Coz if they will, there will be a case against me which I want to totally avoid as I would like to visit UAE again in the future. Will they do that even if I pay the full EMI amount every month?

3) I do not want to miss my End of Service Benefits which I will be receiving from my employer after I resign, as I understand my account will be frozen once the final settlement hits the account. And as the bank can only release the amount once I start working in a new company in UAE and provide them with the updated documents with a new visa, So my plan was to get another job and get the new visa and get my settlement from the bank released first. Is this a good plan?

4) This question is connected to question 3, If I get a new job in a new company in Dubai, should I resign from the new company as well before leaving for Canada so that I won't have labor ban? or Should I just leave without informing the company which will make me as absconding, but is this a big offense to worry about? I will want to visit UAE in the future, not for employment but as a tourist to see the old memories again.

5) Last question, now after doing all the above steps, will I have any problems later during my spousal sponsorship application when they do the background checks and all. I will also getting the PCC before leaving Dubai so that we can start the application as soon as I reach there in Canada.

Any help will be great!

We made this plan, not to stay far away from each other anymore and during this pandemic situation we need each other more than ever. I know other option would be for me to come back to Dubai and finish paying my loan, but that would take another 2 more years even if the outland sponsorship visa is approved within the next year and thats a long time to stay away from each other.

Thanks in advance :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi reader!

Please try to answer if you have any experience or knowledge on the below points:

First let me explain my current situation: I'am working on a full-time job in Dubai and I have no problems with it (by the grace of God). My fiancee moved to Canada last July 2020 as she received her PR and she is doing fine now and working also on a full-time job in PEI, Canada. We originally had a plan to travel together but my visitor visa application got delayed due to Covid. Now our plan is, for me to travel to Canada after I receive my visitor visa that i applied during Feb 2020. (which I may receive soon as I already have received the approved covid19 exemption travel letter from IRCC). And then after I reach there my fiancee will apply for a inland spousal sponsorship visa followed by an open work permit visa so that I can start working there while waiting for the spousal PR to be approved.

However the challenge and my question lies below:

1) I have a personal loan for about AED 80k outstanding and I have no intention to stop paying it, so after I leave Dubai, Is there a possibility that I can pay from Canada every month without missing even a single payment as soon as I get there? If Yes, how can we do it as the bank account will remain frozen after I move as I would not have any current active UAE visa to keep my account as normal. How do I contact the bank? Will they agree as they will have no choice or will they take strong actions?

2) Will the bank try to deposit the cheque which they had originally made me sign for the full loan amount while taking the loan, now assuming that I had left the country. Coz if they will, there will be a case against me which I want to totally avoid as I would like to visit UAE again in the future. Will they do that even if I pay the full EMI amount every month?

3) I do not want to miss my End of Service Benefits which I will be receiving from my employer after I resign, as I understand my account will be frozen once the final settlement hits the account. And as the bank can only release the amount once I start working in a new company in UAE and provide them with the updated documents with a new visa, So my plan was to get another job and get the new visa and get my settlement from the bank released first. Is this a good plan?

4) This question is connected to question 3, If I get a new job in a new company in Dubai, should I resign from the new company as well before leaving for Canada so that I won't have labor ban? or Should I just leave without informing the company which will make me as absconding, but is this a big offense to worry about? I will want to visit UAE in the future, not for employment but as a tourist to see the old memories again.

5) Last question, now after doing all the above steps, will I have any problems later during my spousal sponsorship application when they do the background checks and all. I will also getting the PCC before leaving Dubai so that we can start the application as soon as I reach there in Canada.

Any help will be great!

We made this plan, not to stay far away from each other anymore and during this pandemic situation we need each other more than ever. I know other option would be for me to come back to Dubai and finish paying my loan, but that would take another 2 more years even if the outland sponsorship visa is approved within the next year and thats a long time to stay away from each other.

Thanks in advance :)
Wanted to warn you that TRV is not guaranteed even if you were granted special authorization to travel. Would not take any action until you know you have the TRV.

dan9

Jan 24, 2021
Wanted to warn you that TRV is not guaranteed even if you were granted special authorization to travel. Would not take any action until you know you have the TRV.
yes i completely understand that.. the whole thing depends on the visa approval at first. Do you have any experience or knowledge on my plan above or any suggestions?

also I received my biometric correspondence letter today but i dont know if thats anything to do with the actual visa approval..