+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal information at time of validation of forms will be different at time of application subm

tarahandrew

Aug 3, 2018
Hello there,

My husband and I both live together abroad, while we are filling out the application forms. By the time we submit the application, I will be living in Canada again. I am worried about which information to include on the forms, as we need to validate them and have him sign them before I return to Canada, but that information won't be accurate at the time of submission. Also, the question about my residency status will change. Do I confirm that I am a non resident at the time of validation of the form and then later change it? Needing my husband's original signature is the issue, as the form will need to be validated and signed before my status is official in Canada, yet this will be different at the time of application. Please help!

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
The information needs to be correct and accurate as of the date of your signature, not of the date of sending the application out I believe. Plus now it’s on the basic guide that cic normally accepts scanned signatures too.

Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary.

Last edited: