+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal history

Ali Khan219

Dec 28, 2018
I gave details about my personal history over the last ten years without any gaps. I have applied as financial manager.

However, I have been inducted as a 50 percent partner in an already running business of my friend ( business involved in supplying general items to private and govt deptss) in January 2018.

Due to my busy schedule at employment, I was not able to give any time to that business whereas all the matters related to it are looked after my partner. Moreover, I have not received any income from this business during the last three years which can be confirmed from my annyal tax returns.

The question is I mistakenly missed out disclosing this partnership business in my personal history, though I am not claiming any points for it but would it be considered as a misrepresentation ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I gave details about my personal history over the last ten years without any gaps. I have applied as financial manager.

However, I have been inducted as a 50 percent partner in an already running business of my friend ( business involved in supplying general items to private and govt deptss) in January 2018.

Due to my busy schedule at employment, I was not able to give any time to that business whereas all the matters related to it are looked after my partner. Moreover, I have not received any income from this business during the last three years which can be confirmed from my annyal tax returns.

The question is I mistakenly missed out disclosing this partnership business in my personal history, though I am not claiming any points for it but would it be considered as a misrepresentation ?
The personal history does not require you to disclose any interests in any business you may have. You only have to disclose the activities you did, such as work, education, unemployment, etc.

A person can have business interests in multiple businesses without actively taking part in those businesses.

Ali Khan219

Dec 28, 2018
The personal history does not require you to disclose any interests in any business you may have. You only have to disclose the activities you did, such as work, education, unemployment, etc.

A person can have business interests in multiple businesses without actively taking part in those businesses.

Isn't it a kind of self employment that needs to be disclosed as one of the work activity during the last ten years?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Isn't it a kind of self employment that needs to be disclosed as one of the work activity during the last ten years?
This will depend on your circumstances as I mentioned above. Your post said, you did not work for the company at all, and you were just a passive investor or a partner. So you were not self employed. If you did work, then you should declare.

Ali Khan219

Dec 28, 2018
This will depend on your circumstances as I mentioned above. Your post said, you did not work for the company at all, and you were just a passive investor or a partner. So you were not self employed. If you did work, then you should declare.
Many thanks for the reply dear.

Yes I didn't actually worked or looked after day to day affairs of that partnership but the name of that company is actually showing against my national tax number in my tax documents Nd that is why I was a bit worried about raising a cse in this regard.

If you can please answer this as well. I also registered another firm as a sole proprietor for carrying out part time business along with my employment but due to time constraints I was not able to carry on but the name of that firm also shows up against my tax mumber in tax documents. What should i do in that case? Its like both of these companies have never earned a penny for me and neither did I actually looked after them.