+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History - Travel

vikipickles

Sep 2, 2017
Hi there

So I am filling in my personal history for my CEC Express Entry application and I have a question about the travel section:

I arrived into Canada in November 2014 and was there for 3 years, working continuously during that time. I took various holidays during that time to America and the UK so I am wondering when filling in my travel history, do I need to enter it like this:

Canada - 21st November 2014-1st November 2017
Then list all the times I left Canada to go on vacation, so they can see I was there for a total of three years and all trips during that time are listed.

Or would I list it as:
Canada 21st November 2014 - 1st July 2015 (when I went to America for 10 days)
then Canada 11th July 2015 (when I came back to Canada) - 14th November 2015 (when I went away again) so they have an exact breakdown of where I was month by month and they don't have to refer back to the whole three year period in Canada like above.

And I flew from Hawaii on 14th November to Canada for one day (arrived at 7am and left for England at 9pm so not even a full day), do I need to list this in my travel history?

Also any common mistakes that people make or things I should be aware of when entering travel history?

Thanks!