+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History - didnt account a month correctly?

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
Hi all, I graduated from college in the US in May 2012, and in mid June 16 2012, I flew back to Pakistan where I was until August 2012.

In my personal history, I wrote:
01/ 2009 to 05/2012 - Educational Activity USA
05 / 2012 - 08 / 2012 - Unemployed Pakistan

In order to not LEAVE ANY GAPS, I didn't account the one month that I was in the US for (May 2012 to June 2012) as "unemployed in the US". I just merged them into one bucket. Should I write to CIC about this? Please advise.

In my ADDRESS HISTORY, I got this right because it asked for exact dates, and I mentioned that my address changed in mid June.

Please advise. I am very stressed that my application will be delayed. Many thanks

Last edited:

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Hi all, I graduated from college in the US in May 2012, and in mid June 16 2012, I flew back to Pakistan where I was until August 2012.

In my personal history, I wrote:
01/ 2009 to 05/2012 - Educational Activity USA
05 / 2012 - 08 / 2012 - Unemployed Pakistan

In order to not LEAVE ANY GAPS, I didn't account the one month that I was in the US for (May 2012 to June 2012) as "unemployed in the US". I just merged them into one bucket. Should I write to CIC about this? Please advise.

In my ADDRESS HISTORY, I got this right because it asked for exact dates, and I mentioned that my address changed in mid June.

Please advise. I am very stressed that my application will be delayed. Many thanks
Have you submitted your application??

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Ok. I can think of 2 things...
Either wait for sometime and see if your medicals pass and biometrics are done, by this time your documents are checked for completeness. You could be asked for an ADR if an issue/doubt arises (Schedule A form)

Or

Just write a LOE and upload it through web form.

Suggestion: Also try and ask for opinion from experts.. And join the WhatsApp group related to the month of your AOR.

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
Ok. I can think of 2 things...
Either wait for sometime and see if your medicals pass and biometrics are done, by this time your documents are checked for completeness. You could be asked for an ADR if an issue/doubt arises (Schedule A form)

Or

Just write a LOE and upload it through web form.

Suggestion: Also try and ask for opinion from experts.. And join the WhatsApp group related to the month of your AOR.
thanks for your response. i read on CIC's website that one should not inform them about changes to the application - once submitted - other than the ones they've approved / listed on website (death, new job etc.) So I am not sure if I should send it upfront as to me this sounds rather immaterial

Yes, i agree with your suggestion...that's why I posted this here....

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Wait for their response. I believe if there will be any issue, they will ask u to fill in Schedule A form.
Best of luck dear.

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
it had only been 1 day since I submitted my AOR, so I decided to raise a CSE, and let them proactively know about this error and another one that I identified in order to prevent my application from getting stalled unnecessarily.

I had forgotten to disclose a visa refusal that I received 15 years ago as a 14-year-old minor (mom was a principal applicant) and that I was unaware of. My parents don't have any evidence of the refusal / supporting docs anymore and I just let them know via CSE.

Reactions: ammad88

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
it had only been 1 day since I submitted my AOR, so I decided to raise a CSE, and let them proactively know about this error and another one that I identified in order to prevent my application from getting stalled unnecessarily.

I had forgotten to disclose a visa refusal that I received 15 years ago as a 14-year-old minor (mom was a principal applicant) and that I was unaware of. My parents don't have any evidence of the refusal / supporting docs anymore and I just let them know via CSE.
Good step taken.

For visa refusal, which country visa was it? Were there no stamps with date for that rejection? In any case, i think you have declared everything to the best of your knowledge..
All will be fine. Don't worry.

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
Good step taken.

For visa refusal, which country visa was it? Were there no stamps with date for that rejection? In any case, i think you have declared everything to the best of your knowledge..
All will be fine. Don't worry.
Thanks for your well-wishes. It was UK. I am not worried because since I turned an adult, I have 2 visa stamps from the UK; one of which is a work-permit on which I was employed in the UK for ~ 3 years.

Reactions: ammad88