+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Assets and Financial Status refusal for visitor visa

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
My girlfriend recently got rejected for a single entry visitor visa to Canada on the subject matter (personal assets and financial status) for her visitor visa, and also on purpose of visit (this was my bad, we should have submitted a travel itinerary along with our application to prove tourism).

The officer is not satisfied that my girlfriend will leave at the end of her stay in Canada. This is fine, we will overload the officer with documents showing that she has very strong ties to Peru.

Now over to my concern....

I find it interesting that the officer didn't check off these following sections: "I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada. The next part wasn't check off either which talked about the hosts income, so I guess the documents we submitted as the hosts were sufficient. But if these were acceptable than why is her financial status an issue?

We are planning to reapplying, but how could we do so being the fact that the check off personal assets and financial status? My girlfriend is a full-time post-secondary student. We have a letter from her college confirming her enrollment. As a student it is hard to make a income for yourself. I believe it is highly unreasonable for a 20 year old student to have a stable financial resources, when students are mostly drowning in their tuition debt. As well, my girlfriend is coming from a middle class family in Peru (probably considered to be on the poverty line in Canada), and it not reasonable for them put most of their income into her personal bank account to demonstrate that she possess some financial resources.

We recognize this problem, and declared to be financially responsible for my girlfriend during her stay in Canada (both me and my dad). I demonstrated a bank statement with over $3000 that will be more than enough to cover for her two weeks in Canada. Both me and my dad submitted pay stubs, proof of employment, and a bank statement showing the $3000. I know people who had their retired parents come over on a visitor visa. They had no proof of income, nor the best financial situation, then why are they granted visa so easily?

I am not sure what to do right now. We want to reapply, but her financial status won't change over the next couple of months. I have been suggested to wire over money to her account. But wiring over money wouldn't be right, as that would lying.
Is it really impossible for a student to come as a visitor to Canada? It seems like that to me..
Anyone who can help in anyway would be very appreciated.
Thank you all for your time.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Alexibra111 said:
The officer is not satisfied that my girlfriend will leave at the end of her stay in Canada. This is fine, we will overload the officer with documents showing that she has very strong ties to Peru.
Wrong approach. Overloading with documents only proves you are trying too hard and trying to compensate for lack of substantial documentation. Documents have to be concrete, relevant and make whatever claims obvious. Overload is strongly discouraged.

Alexibra111 said:
I find it interesting that the officer didn't check off these following sections: "I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada. The next part wasn't check off either which talked about the hosts income, so I guess the documents we submitted as the hosts were sufficient. But if these were acceptable than why is her financial status an issue?
She has to prove to have the means. When this happens then and only then the sponsors' means will be evaluated.

Alexibra111 said:
We are planning to reapplying, but how could we do so being the fact that the check off personal assets and financial status? My girlfriend is a full-time post-secondary student. We have a letter from her college confirming her enrollment. As a student it is hard to make a income for yourself. I believe it is highly unreasonable for a 20 year old student to have a stable financial resources, when students are mostly drowning in their tuition debt. As well, my girlfriend is coming from a middle class family in Peru (probably considered to be on the poverty line in Canada), and it not reasonable for them put most of their income into her personal bank account to demonstrate that she possess some financial resources.
If she cannot afford the trip then she shouldn't travel. CIC expects her to be able to afford the trip.

Alexibra111 said:
We recognize this problem, and declared to be financially responsible for my girlfriend during her stay in Canada (both me and my dad). I demonstrated a bank statement with over $3000 that will be more than enough to cover for her two weeks in Canada. Both me and my dad submitted pay stubs, proof of employment, and a bank statement showing the $3000. I know people who had their retired parents come over on a visitor visa. They had no proof of income, nor the best financial situation, then why are they granted visa so easily?
The sponsor is in no way, shape or form a replacement for her duty to prove she can afford the trip.

Alexibra111 said:
I am not sure what to do right now. We want to reapply, but her financial status won't change over the next couple of months. I have been suggested to wire over money to her account. But wiring over money wouldn't be right, as that would lying.
Is it really impossible for a student to come as a visitor to Canada? It seems like that to me..
Anyone who can help in anyway would be very appreciated.
Thank you all for your time.
No, wire transfers are perfect. The wire transfer has to sit in the account for several months. Both the sender and the receiver have to show the mutual agreement for the funds as well of full evidence of it. This establishes a strong relationship between the parts, mutual trustworthy and proper travel arrangements.