+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Activities vs Travel History

blueberry2016

Jan 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

My question is about Personal Activities and Travel History sections:

For personal activities, are we expected to include vacation time during employment/unemployment period when they overlap?

For example, I was hired before graduating from University (June 2015), but my employment doesn't start until August 2015. Therefore, I was unemployed from June - August. During this time, I have travelled to a few countries and came back to Canada in between the trips. Can I only put one entry for "unemployed" and "Canada" as the "Country where activity took place" and include the trip details in the Travel History section?

Same thing for vacation when we are employed, do we just put the trips in the Travel History sections? Personally, I don't think it makes sense to duplicate the effort, but I also want to be careful...

Thanks everyone if you could shed some light on how to fill out this really confusing section... :)

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
blueberry2016 said:
Hello everyone,

For personal activities, are we expected to include vacation time during employment/unemployment period when they overlap?

For example, I was hired before graduating from University (June 2015), but my employment doesn't start until August 2015. Therefore, I was unemployed from June - August. During this time, I have travelled to a few countries and came back to Canada in between the trips. Can I only put one entry for "unemployed" and "Canada" as the "Country where activity took place" and include the trip details in the Travel History section?

Same thing for vacation when we are employed, do we just put the trips in the Travel History sections? Personally, I don't think it makes sense to duplicate the effort, but I also want to be careful...

Thanks everyone if you could shed some light on how to fill out this really confusing section... :)

Personal activity does not include travel, you fill information about your work and student history under the condition stated age or last few years which applied for you, do not leave any blanks, say you leave months blanks.If unemployed put down the same

Under travel history yes you have to put down all the travelling you have done.

blueberry2016

Jan 5, 2017
Thank you very much! This is very helpful.

I have almost filled out all the forms, but I can't find a submit button or any information about checklist. Is this normal? Do you know what's the next step? :)

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
blueberry2016 said:
Thank you very much! This is very helpful.

I have almost filled out all the forms, but I can't find a submit button or any information about checklist. Is this normal? Do you know what's the next step? :)

your check list is next step.......... press next at the bottom if i remember.

bobalos

Nov 20, 2020
Hello everyone,

Hi I have the same question?!!

Do you have PR now? Please share your experience!

astar33

Dec 17, 2020
Hi I have the same question?!!

Do you have PR now? Please share your experience!
Vacations only need to go in the Travel History section. Just put "unemployed" and the country you were living in for the Personal Activities section if you didn't have a job at the time.

Reactions: bobalos

bobalos

Nov 20, 2020
Vacations only need to go in the Travel History section. Just put "unemployed" and the country you were living in for the Personal Activities section if you didn't have a job at the time.
Thanks for the reply I just submitted today! Good luck to you all

Tonkasu

Mar 17, 2021
Hi,

As I read above, so when we were unemployed for two months and had traveled for three weeks outside Canada, then return after for new work.

This “Unemployed” activity country should just be stated in Canada right? If I understand above reply correctly?
Thank you!

Kisses92

Jan 8, 2021
Hi,
Just want someone to enlighten me with my situation.

I had a vacation in India from Apr. 28-Oct. 4, i know that this should be in my travel history. But should I also include this in my personal activity? I was unemployed that time.