+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permenant Residence under FSW

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coldplay said:
It depends I guess, if you can provide all the complete documents and information asap it shouldn't take you more than 2 months. (mine took about 1 and half) however you need to just give you boss a heads up, since they will call boss to get confirmation.
I am confused again :( I talked to my lawyer and he said why would I need LMO if I already have valid work permit for 3 years. I research about it and it shows that we can apply under PGWP for Arranged Employment:

http://www.cicnews.com/2014/01/canadian-employers-permanently-retain-temporary-foreign-workers-013132.html

For Arranged Employment, refer this link:
http://www.cicnews.com/2013/07/arranged-employment-work-072641.html

My Lawyer said, he is applying under this program.

Please suggest am I right till now? :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately your lawyer doesn't know what he is talking about. Also, the site you have quoted is not an official CIC web site. You should be relying on the official CIC web site for information. You can find this here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=arranged#arranged

There is certainly nothing stopping you from applying for FSW while on a PGWP - but again, you need an approved LMO.

You are obviously also free to ignore the advice you have recieved here and apply without an LMO. Make sure you have a plan B and know what you're going to do when you're refused. I would also suggest you find and read through the recent discussions on this forum where people have applied for FSW while on a PGWP and have been refused due to no approved LMO.

At this point we can't help you further and you need to decide on your own what you are going to do.

coldplay

Mar 5, 2014
scylla said:
Unfortunately your lawyer doesn't know what he is talking about. Also, the site you have quoted is not an official CIC web site. You should be relying on the official CIC web site for information. You can find this here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=arranged#arranged

There is certainly nothing stopping you from applying for FSW while on a PGWP - but again, you need an approved LMO.

You are obviously also free to ignore the advice you have recieved here and apply without an LMO. Make sure you have a plan B and know what you're going to do when you're refused. I would also suggest you find and read through the recent discussions on this forum where people have applied for FSW while on a PGWP and have been refused due to no approved LMO.

At this point we can't help you further and you need to decide on your own what you are going to do.
Agree with this guy, with FSW arranged employment you need a LMO. Please read the requirement carefully on CIC website. (honestly getting LMO with PGWP is not that hard assuming that your employer is willing to help you provide the documentations).

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:

Hey Guys

I do respect your advice and suggestions, but you might also know how lawyers are!!! :(

Next month I am writing IELTS exam but instead of preparing for that I am spending my time about researching on these things :(

I am taking all these advices seriously, that's why I am here. I am trying to take opinion of other lawyers also but they charge fee for their first consultation too. :(

I am not sure should I take the advice from other lawyers too about my case and get the peace of mind. Or what should I do?

I think I misunderstood my lawyer too because he is saying no advertisement required but not sure he is applying for LMO too. It's better if I talk to him directly and show him all these things before paying him anything.

Thanks for your help.

brainmoore

Oct 25, 2014
Great round of information sharing in this post and i found it useful for myself as well. I also belong to the internet marketing world and will be interested to work abroad on the same job. I will research on all such things before gearing up.