+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permenant Residence under FSW

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone

I need your opinion your regarding my Permanent Residency.
I was an international student and came to Canada on May 2011. I am on work permit right now in Hamilton, Canada. I did 2 years Business Accounting program from Mohawk College and graduated in August 2013. Now I am on 3 years work permit and I am working full time in an accounting firm as an assistant of CMA. With the same employer, I was on Co-op also which was through college and after that I did part time job there, and now I am working full time.

My question is that because CIC took out bookkeeping field to apply under CEC program last September 2013. Should I apply under Federal Skilled worker because I have 4 years work year experience from India in Internet Marketing field (it's not related to my present job).
Somebody told me that because CIC took out Bookkeeping, is it will be risky to apply under Accountant field also (because bookkeeping is the part of accounting). If I consider my job duties it is more than just a book keeper but if I apply under bigger position than bookkeeping (say Accountant or Junior Accountant) than they(lawyer) say that my education from Canada is not supporting to that position because I just did 2 year post secondary course here and to show yourself as a accountant or junior accountant or more than a bookkeeper you should have higher education.

Thanks in Advance. :)

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Dreams123 said:
Somebody please reply. Its very urgent for me. :(
Email your duties (be as descriptive as you can) and email to noc-cnp@workingincanada.gc.ca. HRSDC will tell you best suitable NOC as per duties you are performing.
As far as I know You can also apply under FSW using your pervious experience if you are eligible.

coldplay

Mar 5, 2014
Dreams123 said:
Somebody please reply. Its very urgent for me. :(
Correct me if im wrong but if you obtained LMO for your job under 1311 you can still apply FSW under arranged employment. I assume you're working under PGWP and obtaining LMO with PGWP it's not that hard (no advertisement required).

Btw that's what I did, I'm applying FSW under arranged employment under 1311 ( I have LMO under that NOC Code, and been's working that job ever since I received my PGWP)

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coldplay said:
Correct me if im wrong but if you obtained LMO for your job under 1311 you can still apply FSW under arranged employment. I assume you're working under PGWP and obtaining LMO with PGWP it's not that hard (no advertisement required).

Btw that's what I did, I'm applying FSW under arranged employment under 1311 ( I have LMO under that NOC Code, and been's working that job ever since I received my PGWP)
But how can I get LMO because it's a accounting job and if will advertise about that, we can find many employee's over here.

In my case, it's not a LMO. I did 4 months co-op then 4 months part time along with my last semester and now I am working full time in the same company.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have to ask your employer to get the LMO (you can't apply for it yourself). There is no advertising requirement since you are on a PGWP.

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goku said:
Email your duties (be as descriptive as you can) and email to noc-cnp @ workingincanada.gc.ca. HRSDC will tell you best suitable NOC as per duties you are performing.
As far as I know You can also apply under FSW using your pervious experience if you are eligible.
Thanks for your help. I will email them. ID I apply under FSW, because I have different work experience from back home. Can I still apply under that.

And another problem is that I am not sure if we can consider that as a skilled job. It was SEO(Search Engine Optimization) company. Very few people know about it. It was a internet marketing company. Can we consider it as a skilled job?

What are the factors used by CIC to decide if its a skilled job or not?

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coldplay said:

Also, are you applying under NOC 1311? But they took out this category in September 2013?

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
You have to ask your employer to get the LMO (you can't apply for it yourself). There is no advertising requirement since you are on a PGWP.
Can we get the LMO if I am on PGWP? We don't need to advertise in that case?

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got these lines from CIC website

A positive LMO will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no Canadian worker can do the job. A positive LMO is sometimes called a Confirmation letter

How can we prove that no Canadian worker can fill this position? Whereas truth is, there are many accounting student who are looking for job.

coldplay

Mar 5, 2014
Dreams123 said:
Also, are you applying under NOC 1311? But they took out this category in September 2013?
But that's for CEC tho, I'm applying under FSW arranged employment for that category.

Again, if you are on PGWP you dont need to advertise your job.

coldplay

Mar 5, 2014
Dreams123 said:
I got these lines from CIC website

A positive LMO will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no Canadian worker can do the job. A positive LMO is sometimes called a Confirmation letter

How can we prove that no Canadian worker can fill this position? Whereas truth is, there are many accounting student who are looking for job.
see the line below:

Advertisement
Employers hiring former PGWPP participants in higher-skilled occupations are not required to conduct recruitment or advertisement efforts, provided, the LMO is received by the appropriate Service Canada Centre within 90 days of the expiration of the post-graduate work permit.

In instances where the post-graduate work permit has expired, and over 90 days have elapsed from the date Service Canada receives the application, employers will be required to demonstrate recruitment efforts as per the normal requirements for higher-skilled occupations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Dreams123 said:
Thanks for your help. I will email them. ID I apply under FSW, because I have different work experience from back home. Can I still apply under that.

And another problem is that I am not sure if we can consider that as a skilled job. It was SEO(Search Engine Optimization) company. Very few people know about it. It was a internet marketing company. Can we consider it as a skilled job?

What are the factors used by CIC to decide if its a skilled job or not?
There are many factors but most important one is your duties on your reference letter.

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coldplay said:
see the line below:

Advertisement
Employers hiring former PGWPP participants in higher-skilled occupations are not required to conduct recruitment or advertisement efforts, provided, the LMO is received by the appropriate Service Canada Centre within 90 days of the expiration of the post-graduate work permit.

In instances where the post-graduate work permit has expired, and over 90 days have elapsed from the date Service Canada receives the application, employers will be required to demonstrate recruitment efforts as per the normal requirements for higher-skilled occupations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey

It looks great!!! How long is the processing time for PR under LMO?

coldplay

Mar 5, 2014
Dreams123 said:
Hey

It looks great!!! How long is the processing time for PR under LMO?
It depends I guess, if you can provide all the complete documents and information asap it shouldn't take you more than 2 months. (mine took about 1 and half) however you need to just give you boss a heads up, since they will call boss to get confirmation.