+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanently residency obligations

india001

Nov 9, 2015
Dear Members,

I had my first landing alongwith my family in september,2011 and my family PR card is valid till first week of september,2016.
I was the principal candidate for my application. Since then I had 2 more visits and my family members had only one more visit.
Last we came in June,2014 and stayed for for 28-29 days. we moved out as my family did not like staying here.
Now we are planning to come here permanently in month of Feb/March,2016.

My question is that:
1) Since we will not be able to fulfil our residency obligation of 2 out of 5, whether we will be still allowed at airport
or may be told to go back from airport itself even though our PR card is valid till first week of September,2016.
2) My company needs six month notice period for resignation. If my resigantion notice period is over only after
expiry of PR card, whether canadian agency will allow me to complete the formalities of final settlement with the
company by allowing me travel document on way back to canada from my country.
3) Myself is mechanical engineer and working in aviation sector for more than 20 years with age around 49 years.
My wife is college asst. professor (lecturer) in field of computer science /IT for more than 15 years with age around 47 years.
what are chance and scope for our settlement in toronto (Ontario) or in edmonton (Alberta).
4) Our daughter is 10 years old with english medium education. will settlement in new educational environment be easy or tough for her.

Since I am running out of time, a sincere , correct and early response is highly appreciated in advance.

nasd

Mar 29, 2014
Most probably you will be issued removal order at the airport,as you have violated residency obligation,still you can enter Canada,.The removal order can be appealed to IAD.Till your appeal is pending you can stay in Canada,with a expired PR card.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You say in 2014 your family did not like staying in Canada. What makes you think they have changed their mind?

1. If you are lucky, you don't get reported as you enter Canada so the only thing you all have to do to put your PR in good standing is stay for 2 years straight without leaving and without applying for anything from immigration and without trying to renew your PR cards until the 2 years are up. If you do get reported, you would have to appeal for your PR.

2. If you have a 6 month notice period, you should better resign now while you still have time. If you delay it until after your PR card expires, you will have a much bigger problem returning to Canada. A travel document is issued for PR's who meet the RO (residency obligation) or who have strong humane and compassionate grounds for why they could not meet the RO. Your family not liking it in Canada is not considered a humane and compassionate grounds.

3. As an engineer, you would need to get yourself licensed in Canada. As for the job prospects, I have really no idea. You can check some job ads here: http://ca.indeed.com/Aerospace-Engineer-jobs As for your wife, she should contact universities in order to find if somebody wants to offer her a job.

4. Canadian schools get plenty of immigrant children so I don't think your daughter will have a problem. Children normally adapt easily with a bit of time and open mind.

india001

Nov 9, 2015
I would further like to add that my mother is diabetic, blood pressure patient for last 5-6 years and she is totally
dependent on us. we have to take care of her. she is the main reason beside my small reason of my family disliking that
we had to come back in 2014. now we planning to put my mother under care of my sister so that
we can move to canada. is this reason enough for justfying our situation of not fulfiling RO.

KINGTAUT2014

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
IELTS Request
sent.
Med's Done....
Nov. 2015
Interview........
October 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2015
LANDED..........
NOt yet
india001 said:
I would further like to add that my mother is diabetic, blood pressure patient for last 5-6 years and she is totally
dependent on us. we have to take care of her. she is the main reason beside my small reason of my family disliking that
we had to come back in 2014. now we planning to put my mother under care of my sister so that
we can move to canada. is this reason enough for justfying our situation of not fulfiling RO.
Hope ur mother gets better, but dont tell that to immigration officer.