+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent

smalldog100

Oct 24, 2012
Hi

I hope some one can help

Our family received PR status in April 2010 and activated it in June 2010 after which we returned back to our home country

In order to have the PR renewed we will need to move to Canada by June 2013 but this is unlikely due to a number of issues

The questions I have are

1: If I go to Canada in early 2014 and stay in the country until early 2016 (despite expiry of my PR) will this allow me to renew my PR

2: If this is not possible is it a question of starting the process again and will my application be accepted or can it be fast tracked

3: Are there any other suggestions on my quandry

Thank you in advance

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Should be okay, but why you don't stay until you get citizenship?
2) Immigration policies are subject to change and there is no way to answer if the PR process can be process again or your application accepted or can it be fast tracked.

smalldog100

Oct 24, 2012
Thank you for the response getting Citzenship would be the plan

It is good news to hear we can do this - If we travel outside of Canada during this time I assume it is risky

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are able to enter in 2014 without being reported for not meeting the residency requirements, you will be fine to stay for 2 years, let your PR card expire and then renew it once your 2 years are up.

If you do get in without being reported, you might get reported next time you arrive so in my opinion, you should not risk leaving if you get in. Just stay for the full 2 years.

If you lose your PR, there is no special immigration class or fast track for people who had PR before. You would have the same chances as any other person who wants to immigrate to Canada. You would have to look at the current immigration classes and see if you qualify and if you do, you have the same processing time as everybody else.

smalldog100

Oct 24, 2012
Leon

Thank you, if I was working in a job which required travel, I could use my home passport (a visa exempt country) to travel as a work around

Would this be ok?

Smalldog100

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would be taking the chance that immigration has not scanned and does not recognize your passport. If they have scanned it, when they scan it again, they will see that you are a PR so they will ask you where is your PR card etc. It is still risky if you travel if you do not meet the requirements.