Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 October
Hi i just received my pr for canada. I plan to shift in a few months. I want to ask is there any benefit for a pr who wants to study. I have a cousin who is studying law in saskatoon and he is also a pr and he says as he is a full time student he gets a monthly allowance from the government while he studies. Is this true, are full time students helped financially in Canada if they are also permanent residents. If yes then what is the amount given.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You benefit by qualifying for domesitc tuition fees.

There are no monthly allowances.

If you qualify, you can however take out an education loan. This is not free money. You will have to repay this loan once you complete your studies. It sounds like your cousin probabably has a student loan.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Different provinces have some programs to support permanent residents

For example, in Alberta, there is a program called Alberta Works, which if you qualify for it, will pay you a certain amount while you study. When my wife was a student here, almost all of her friends were on it in some way or another. Some had emigrated to Canada under the Quebec plan, couldn't find a job there, moved out to Alberta to work, couldn't speak English, entered a study program, were supported by the Alberta government. Of course, there are details for qualifying. They assess the possibility of applicants working productively, and support people with a better assessment.

Tikushikha

Feb 23, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 October
Thanks for the info