+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident visa .. final step US to Canada

climb101

May 29, 2010
We're near completed process! Received letter from consulate in US requesting that we send passport(s) and pictures, and list "your spouse and children even if they are not accompanying you".

My wife holds US citizenship, and another country. We assume will send in both passports, lists myself on form, and takes two pictures, as requested. I'm Canadian, and unclear if I need to also: 1. include two pictures, 2. include my Canadian passport with hers.... and list my name as spouse.

I would assume "accompanying you" means those immigrating, and not crossing border during landing into Canada.

Any advice on this?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

climb101 said:
We're near completed process! Received letter from consulate in US requesting that we send passport(s) and pictures, and list "your spouse and children even if they are not accompanying you".

My wife holds US citizenship, and another country. We assume will send in both passports, lists myself on form, and takes two pictures, as requested. I'm Canadian, and unclear if I need to also: 1. include two pictures, 2. include my Canadian passport with hers.... and list my name as spouse.

I would assume "accompanying you" means those immigrating, and not crossing border during landing into Canada.

Any advice on this?
1. She sends in the the passport that she included in the application, they only issue one COPR.
2. You don't send your passport or pictures.

climb101

May 29, 2010
Thanks much for info. OK, but to clarify, she applied from US and this makes sense as it is processed in US, therefore, US passport is what they stamp and issue visa... other one not required, although at interview we provided her other passport and fulfilled their request for police certificates.

But shouldn't I still list my name, "ENSURE YOU PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR YOU, YOUR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT ACCOMPANYING YOU."

Unless not needed as I'm already Canadian... they collect this only for non-Canadians is the are accompanying or not during landing. I can't wait until this is over :)

I

iarblue

What ever info they are asking you for provide it to them.ENSURE YOU PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR YOU, YOUR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT ACCOMPANYING YOU."
And only the US passport goes to the visa office.

climb101

May 29, 2010
We ended up just providing the pictures for both of us, but only the US passport. Last week, we received the passport back with Visa & Confirmation of Permanent Residence form for landing. Thanks everyone for advice with this, and this forum was helpful.