+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident travel documents

radiomar

Jun 29, 2018
Hi everyone

My family landed in Montreal before our Visa expires and we stayed 6 days only and we did not get to process our PR card because the Immigration officer refuses to process our PR card because we are only staying in days time and he said we can process the pr card when we get back in Canada and settled for good with our very own home address because that time we are only staying in AIR bnb.
Can l ask do l need to apply for PR travel documents right away when we return home? Because we plan to go back canada february or march 2020.
Do Pr travel document expires very shortly? If l get now but we plan to move canada by feb or march next year ?
What are the documents needed to apply for pr travel documents?

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi everyone

My family landed in Montreal before our Visa expires and we stayed 6 days only and we did not get to process our PR card because the Immigration officer refuses to process our PR card because we are only staying in days time and he said we can process the pr card when we get back in Canada and settled for good with our very own home address because that time we are only staying in AIR bnb.
Can l ask do l need to apply for PR travel documents right away when we return home? Because we plan to go back canada february or march 2020.
Do Pr travel document expires very shortly? If l get now but we plan to move canada by feb or march next year ?
What are the documents needed to apply for pr travel documents?
It's validity is 6 months. It takes 2-3 weeks to get PRTD issued so apply 1 month before you plan to travel.

For more info visit this
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document/

Good luck

radiomar

Jun 29, 2018
Hi
Would you know? I have this PR travel document form while filling up the form l have this question on part 1 number 9:

THE NUMBER ON YOUR RECORD OF LANDING, CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR PR CARD ?

would you know what number does they want. Because on my COPR it has
1.UCI number
2. app. number
3.document number.. l am confused which number are they asking.

It's validity is 6 months. It takes 2-3 weeks to get PRTD issued so apply 1 month before you plan to travel.

For more info visit this
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document/

Good luck

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi
Would you know? I have this PR travel document form while filling up the form l have this question on part 1 number 9:

THE NUMBER ON YOUR RECORD OF LANDING, CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR PR CARD ?

would you know what number does they want. Because on my COPR it has
1.UCI number
2. app. number
3.document number.. l am confused which number are they asking.
Sorry, i have not used PRTD yet, so no idea about it. probably someone else can help you on this.
May be you can look for someone on the other threads who have applied for PRTD.

Good luck