+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Travel Document

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
@grapehair my suggestion to u is dont apply for prtd, if u are expecting ur prc in less than a couple of months as prtd process is v v slow, it can take any indefinite period of time whereas prc is a routine procedure and arrives usually on time.

Answer to your question, My pr card was expired. And was scheduled to be delivered to my home addess but it was put on hold by cic as I wasn't present in Canada physically (btw they get this update when u apply for a prtd). I received a letter instead to show up at immigration office and pickup pr card. Now I need prtd first to go to Canada to get the pr card and it' already been 10 weeks & no resonse yet. The easier way is to wait for pr card,and get it mailed. It was through vac khi
Renewals are sometimes allied in to be picked up. Not sure if PRTD application triggered your request. But initial PR cards are always mailed.

If you want, we can interact on the phone. Check your inbox.

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Thanks mate. Got my PR cards delivered right after 42 days of landing. so PRTD is no more required.
Hello, do you mind sharing which courier service your friends/relatives used to send you the PR card from Canada (if you ended up using that option)? I am in the same boat and wondering if it is safe to have it mailed outside Canada? Thanks much!

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
@grapehair my suggestion to u is dont apply for prtd, if u are expecting ur prc in less than a couple of months as prtd process is v v slow, it can take any indefinite period of time whereas prc is a routine procedure and arrives usually on time.

Answer to your question, My pr card was expired. And was scheduled to be delivered to my home addess but it was put on hold by cic as I wasn't present in Canada physically (btw they get this update when u apply for a prtd). I received a letter instead to show up at immigration office and pickup pr card. Now I need prtd first to go to Canada to get the pr card and it' already been 10 weeks & no resonse yet. The easier way is to wait for pr card,and get it mailed. It was through vac khi
Which courier service is safe to have the PR card mailed to Karachi?

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hello everyone!

I submitted my application to renew my PR card (which expires in August) on May 10th, I will be traveling to Thailand for 3 weeks in September and in case I don't get my new PR card I'm planning on applying for a PRTD as soon as I set food in Thailand to be able to come back home.

Does anybody has experience with the process? I found the documents I need to present but I can't find the time frame, I would like to have an idea on how long it would take to get it.

Thank you in advance!

Waqprtd

Apr 29, 2018
Hello everyone!

I submitted my application to renew my PR card (which expires in August) on May 10th, I will be traveling to Thailand for 3 weeks in September and in case I don't get my new PR card I'm planning on applying for a PRTD as soon as I set food in Thailand to be able to come back home.

Does anybody has experience with the process? I found the documents I need to present but I can't find the time frame, I would like to have an idea on how long it would take to get it.

Thank you in advance!
You should call the VAC office in Thailand and ask them.

ICT2PR

Sep 29, 2016
Hi All,

I am in a similar situation.

My wife and I did an inland landing at Etobicoke on September 11, 2017. I received my PR card last week, but my wife was asked to resubmit photos. We immediately submitted it on the day of the request itself. However, we are scheduled to Travel to India for 2 weeks on November 24th, 2017 and am planning to apply for a PRTD for my wife once we get there.

However, when i looked at the PRTD form, I am not sure how to meet the 730 days PR RO given the fact that we became PR's only 2 months ago. Any guidance on this will help.

Thanks
Hello
did you applied and received PRTD?i am planning to apply in next week..i do have some doubts..can you please help me?
i am planning to apply from Pune,India.please revert

dound2018

Mar 8, 2019
Hi All,

I am in a similar situation.

My wife and I did an inland landing at Etobicoke on September 11, 2017. I received my PR card last week, but my wife was asked to resubmit photos. We immediately submitted it on the day of the request itself. However, we are scheduled to Travel to India for 2 weeks on November 24th, 2017 and am planning to apply for a PRTD for my wife once we get there.

However, when i looked at the PRTD form, I am not sure how to meet the 730 days PR RO given the fact that we became PR's only 2 months ago. Any guidance on this will help.

Thanks
Hello,
hope your issue was solved
my question did u apply for solemn declaration at the time of appling to PRTD?