+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
No updates yet :( , after the acknowldgement and status in Process since 18-Dec ...
same for my dad's application - also in process, since Dec 20 when we got acknowledgement email.
I do not expect much happening over that holiday period however would be more comforting to see at least 'Decision made'

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
I was wondering if anyone could help me in understanding what do they mean by this " we have verified the information you provided and we can confirm that your application is not in the systen yet. " Do they mean like the application has been received but not yet in the system or they cannot find it ? .. and they mentioned they are processing applications before 19th October.

late

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
I was wondering if anyone could help me in understanding what do they mean by this " we have verified the information you provided and we can confirm that your application is not in the systen yet. " Do they mean like the application has been received but not yet in the system or they cannot find it ? .. and they mentioned they are processing applications before 19th October.
Usually they open the application packet after 2months. When they see that you have sent all the necessary documents with a complete, signed by application, they send an email to you n enlisted it in ecas which you can see.

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Usually they open the application packet after 2months. When they see that you have sent all the necessary documents with a complete, signed by application, they send an email to you n enlisted it in ecas which you can see.
Alright, so basically maybe i'd have to wait till this week to hear something from them. Thank you =)

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Actually i have a question , i think i was not clear , we have sent 4 applications and they only sent us AOR for one of the applicants while the other 3 we have not heard from them yet. So we sent a web inquiry regarding the 3 applications and thats what they mentioned for us " we have verified the information you provided and we can confirm there is nothing in the system yet. Does that mean they still havent checked but it has been received. I wonder why they still did not send us AOR regarding the 3 applicants and opened only 1.

SarahSh

Oct 2, 2013
Hello and Happy Holidays for everyone.

I think I'm the only one of September applicants who haven't received their card yet:(

This is my Time line.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 27, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 27, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 27, 2018.
I've been on Decision Made since December 2nd and I called an agent on December 11th and they told me that the card is in production and it will be mailed out soon.

It's taking more time than expected!

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Here is my completed timeline, hopefully i will get the card next week

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 20, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 20, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 28, 2018.
Hi All

I would like to tell you that i have received my new PR Card in the mail, i live in GTA, just to add you will get + 5 Years from the day its "Decision Made"

Thank you all for the support on this forum.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
A quick question, how long do I have to wait before I can contact them and say that I haven't received the PR card that they have posted me out? Also which number would I use?
Card wa

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
A quick question, how long do I have to wait before I can contact them and say that I haven't received the PR card that they have posted me out? Also which number would I use?
Card wa
It posted before I'd finished.....How long before card is lost in post that they have sent me and which number do I ring to contact them?
Wife's was processed a week after mine yet she has received her card today and I'm awaiting mine.....holiday period I know but checking in advance just in case.....

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
How long before card is lost in post that they have sent me and which number do I ring to contact them?
Wife's was processed a week after mine yet she has received her card today and I'm awaiting mine.....holiday period I know but checking in advance just in case.....

Vera2018

Nov 28, 2018
hi Vera I had the same responses u got. DM Oct 10 was advised of production error. exactly 6wks later got email for photo retakes. I would inquire via web form if photo retakes are required. I would add 42days/ 6wks from Oct 30 to expect an email. there have been issues with production during October. keep us posted
Thanks omg123. My card was mailed out on 12 December and I received it on 19 December. Thank God they didn't ask me to retake the photo.

Hope everyone a happy new year and a smooth experience of the renewal.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Just wanted to share our update - status changed to Decision made yesterday (after being 'In process' for a while since Dec 20) and changed to to Complete today. I guess everybody is back to work now after the holidays.
Now waiting for the card to arrive ....
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 29, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 20, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 20, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 2, 2019

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
A quick update....PR Card received finally, process itself I must add didn't take as long as I thought it would, I anticipated 6 months but from when posted original application in Mid October, I've received the card first week of January 2019 so all in all a pretty smooth process.

SarahSh

Oct 2, 2013
Hello and Happy Holidays for everyone.

I think I'm the only one of September applicants who haven't received their card yet:(

This is my Time line.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 27, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 27, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 27, 2018.
I've been on Decision Made since December 2nd and I called an agent on December 11th and they told me that the card is in production and it will be mailed out soon.

It's taking more time than expected!
Just got an email yesterday to go pick up my card from a CIC office!

omg123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks omg123. My card was mailed out on 12 December and I received it on 19 December. Thank God they didn't ask me to retake the photo.

Hope everyone a happy new year and a smooth experience of the renewal.
hi Vera, congrats. i received my card yesterday..finally what a long winding road. incase anyone is interested photos from CAA work the best , wear darker clothing and take a ruler to measure the specs. ensure one photo is blank on the backside... for pr renewals. apparently they have become very picky with photo specs probably due to the new card format. best of luck.