+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

samax

Mar 6, 2018
Hi guys,

Anyone has application in September, could you share your timelines if you have any updates?
Mine received in mid September and still no AOR and no news...

Last edited:

PEQ2013

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
I just received AOR last night and here are the updates on ecas.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 7, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 14, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 14, 2018.

chiefone

Oct 19, 2018
I just received AOR last night and here are the updates on ecas.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 7, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 14, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 14, 2018.
Are you doing a renewal or did you apply as an emergency?

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hi guys,

Anyone has application in September, could you share your timelines if you have any updates?
Mine received in mid September and still no AOR and no news...
I have a similar timeline. Expecting to receive AOR by December.

chiefone

Oct 19, 2018
It was a normal renewal.
Sent mine August 24th and havent received a AOR
I would say you're one of the lucky ones, most people that sent there's in August are yet to receive a AOR
I cant understand why they start processing applications before others that where sent earlier and when I call the call center the reps never give any valid reason

Simron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2011
Nomination.....
12-1-2012
Interview........
25 October 2012
Passport Req..
Passport & medicals sent on 27 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 November 2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
I am so upset with IRCC. I had decision made on ecas for two weeks now, they are telling me today that it might take another 6 weeks (I got confirmation Oct 23). When I asked the reason, the answer was : there is a problem in production.
We are travelling to India this weekend. We have prepared a file for travel document already. But God knows how much time that process would take in India.

omg123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
I am so upset with IRCC. I had decision made on ecas for two weeks now, they are telling me today that it might take another 6 weeks (I got confirmation Oct 23). When I asked the reason, the answer was : there is a problem in production.
We are travelling to India this weekend. We have prepared a file for travel document already. But God knows how much time that process would take in India.
There are couple of us in this forum who are in the same boat as you. I was also advised previously about production issues. Mine went into production October 18. Got same answer as yours on my call today..4 to 6 wks from production start date. If at the end of 6 wks there was no progress they would inquire. Till then hang on. This all process as of October seems to Correlate with the canada post strike. i believe there is no problem in production its just that cards may be held back on a dock or something and released in batches depending where the strike rotation occur.
based on feed backs on timelines posted in this forum the processing time from receipt to mail is roughly 15-16 wks on average. as of October this seems to have exceeded somewhat. let's be optimistic and hope for the best.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
if you did not write "urgent" on the envelope. They cannot know it is urgent until the envelope is opened which can be another month of waiting. You can send another urgent app now but it will also take about a month before they can process it. So, maybe you should just check the on-line status page regularly to see if they have opened your envelope. Once they do you can send a case-specific enqury on-line.
I just called today and you were right they can not track my application, my options
1. send a new application with a letter explaining the situation why my husband will have 2 appication
2. Travel and asked for an entrance permit (crazy because it is a job related travel no time)
3. Wait.. and have complication with the job
No much to do after our citizenship is In process for almost 10 month and nothing

Ultraman

Jan 26, 2018
There are couple of us in this forum who are in the same boat as you. I was also advised previously about production issues. Mine went into production October 18. Got same answer as yours on my call today..4 to 6 wks from production start date. If at the end of 6 wks there was no progress they would inquire. Till then hang on. This all process as of October seems to Correlate with the canada post strike. i believe there is no problem in production its just that cards may be held back on a dock or something and released in batches depending where the strike rotation occur.
based on feed backs on timelines posted in this forum the processing time from receipt to mail is roughly 15-16 wks on average. as of October this seems to have exceeded somewhat. let's be optimistic and hope for the best.
I'm also in this boat. So far, have been sitting on it for the past 6 months and hope it will reach the shore safety and in one piece. The overall experience is very unique to me. I can't do much on my end only rely on God, realizing He is in control. Patience is now my good friend and I wish everyone get what you guys are aiming for.

D

Deleted member 103187

Update.

I received my renewed PR card in the mail 2 days ago. I took about a week and half after my status said complete.

Good luck everyone and hope to see you in the citizenship forums soon