+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

username0987

Oct 28, 2018
It's impossible to talk to an agent and the automated service says they can't find my application. What kind of service is that?
Seriously don't understand how this is taking so long. When I check online it says:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 3, 2018.
and that's about it. No update, no nothing. Does it usually take this long? It's been 7 months with no process made at all and they say that the "regular application time" is 104 days.

MAT9

Nov 1, 2018
if the card for renewal is sent to the Local IRCC office by the Sydney office how much time Local office take for the processing/for making decision?

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
It's impossible to talk to an agent and the automated service says they can't find my application. What kind of service is that?
Seriously don't understand how this is taking so long. When I check online it says:

Permanent Resident Card
and that's about it. No update, no nothing. Does it usually take this long? It's been 7 months with no process made at all and they say that the "regular application time" is 104 days.
No. Something is horribly wrong. Contact IRCC ASAP.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011

Permanent Resident Card
Send web enquiry.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Hi Omg123, Candoit and Mustafacan:
We finally got the cards today (10th day in transit due to Canada Post strike). They were sent from Syndney NS, btw. Thanks to you guys for making the long wait a little less unbearable and I am wishing you all the best!
Congrats Compro

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
The thing that annoys me the most in this process is that they actually DO open the envelopes. I sent my parents' applications on July 18 via courier and them mom's application was processed in October but dad's application got returned (missed a date under signature). So, dad's application actually had a stamp 'Received on July 20'. I.e. they open the package, stamp receipt date but they do NOT check anything until, say, 3 months later and only then return the application if any errors or something is missing.

If only they could just do at least a basic check upon receipt (since they open them anyway) and at least catch some obvious errors or missing documents and return the package at that time (closer to receipt time, not 3 months later) - giving people a chance to correct errors faster. I am not saying detailed check of information but just some basic checks becuase of which they tend to return the applcations...
Oh, well, I guess I am expecting too much ... (in a real business someone would try to optimize the process but sounds like they do not have that objective...

Now my dad has to fly out of country in December and I guess they put the corrected application back in the queue and it will be another three months of waiting ... (at least...)

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Is there anyone on this board who did NOT have to wait for another 3 months when the application was returned and had to be resent ?
(e..g due to photograph issues or some basic errors or missed fields, not returned due to complicated personal scenarios)