+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
August 13 applicant still no AOR :/ flight booked for December 28....
Expect it this week. I think you’ll make your flight no problem. (E.g. AoR Nov 4, DM Nov 20, card sent Nov 27).

August 24 applicant , flight booked for December 12
Also waiting for the AOR
Fingers crossed we get it in time
Unfortunately you’ll probably be waiting until mid-late November or even start of December. You should have sent an urgent application, that is what it is for. You should resend your application as urgent because your chances of getting it by Dec 12 are virtually zero. You need to do it now because the minimum time for even an urgent app is 3 weeks. The alternative is to apply for a PTRD.

sainswapna

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
IELTS Request
Sent with application
I see decision made in cic page and when I click on it I see the following:
Timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 7, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 25, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 25, 2018.

chiefone

Oct 19, 2018
Timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 7, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 25, 2018.
You received your AOR pretty fast.
Are you applying for a renewal ?

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Timeline:
You are giving me a bit of hope. I sent my application in on Aug 20th and I have a flight booked for December 18th and I am stressed to the max.

Does anyone know if i have a doctor’s note in Spanish if I can just translate it myself or do I have to have it translated? In case I decide to send an urgent application.

Bleuxu008

Sep 11, 2018
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 6, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on September 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 21, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 26, 2018.
The journey is now completed, despite that we were asked to submit additional information in late Sep! Thanks for the help from everyone

Reactions: rie_n

Vievie3

Oct 15, 2018
I got the same thing, decision made date was 12th Oct. Got my card on the mail last Friday the 26th!!!

What's next after DM?

Here is my timeline:
  • Received on July 26, 2018.
  • AOR on October 19, 2018.
  • Started processing on October 19, 2018.
  • Decision made October 28, 2018

DECISION MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.

If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you.

If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.

Wonder why in the diagram explaining the process only indicates "to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you."? Do most of people get the card via mail, don't they?

wuw8sgh

Oct 21, 2018
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 21, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
The journey is now completed, despite that we were asked to submit additional information in late Sep! Thanks for the help from everyone
What is being requested from status no.4 above?

wuw8sgh

Oct 21, 2018
My timeline:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 26, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 18, 2018.
And now Canada Post is on strike...
Hi, I have the same timeline with you, not yet further update received.

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
FYI: Status link says 'Complete':

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 13, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 11, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 24, 2018.
Received my PR card today. All the best to everyone.

Rehman48

Sep 12, 2018

Hello Sir/Mam, quick question what documents they requested?? Because whenever they request documents that means that PR is going to go for secondary renewal but you got decision in one month....and about an year ago it took 6-12 months for renewal candidates...... that’s unbelievable.....