+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

oranpier

Sep 25, 2018
I called call center 3 times today, couldn't be transferred to an agent due to a high volume. The automated recording said applications received after June 28, 2018 have not been processed.
My application is right on June 28th received. Still sitting on Decision made since Oct 10th and I'm see some other postings early July received their cards (Happy for you guys!) and makes me wonder.. is something wrong with my application?? What's going on??
It's impossible to understand the whole process...

tej01

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Don't worry.
Mistakes do happen.
U can send a letter explaining it with quoting ur UCI number. Or u just wait for their reply if they feel necessary.
Did u mention dates after April 30, 2018? If yes then I think they will understand.
Thanks for reply .. Mustafa..
Yes, I mention. after that
2018-05-01 to 2018-05-31
2018-06-01- to 2018-08-22
Can I send explanation through web enquiry? Or Postal?

rie_n

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
2018-05-01 to 2018-05-31
I second MUSTAFACAN. Send them a letter of explanation via Case Specific Web form, with a photocopy of relevant stamps, if you have!

I actually noticed, after sending the application in, that I missed one to write in Travel History section. I just stated in the letter that it was a pure oversight, provided correct info, photocopy of the passport stamps from the trip, and that's it.

Their turnout time of processing web inquiries are about 2 weeks. I called the call centre, later on, to make sure they had that note in my file.
I didn't have any issue on my application.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
I second MUSTAFACAN. Send them a letter of explanation via Case Specific Web form, with a photocopy of relevant stamps, if you have!

I actually noticed, after sending the application in, that I missed one to write in Travel History section. I just stated in the letter that it was a pure oversight, provided correct info, photocopy of the passport stamps from the trip, and that's it.

Their turnout time of processing web inquiries are about 2 weeks. I called the call centre, later on, to make sure they had that note in my file.
I didn't have any issue on my application.
Tej
2018-05-01 to 2018-05-31
Tej
I hope u got the answer from rie reply.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
I called call center 3 times today, couldn't be transferred to an agent due to a high volume. The automated recording said applications received after June 28, 2018 have not been processed.
My application is right on June 28th received. Still sitting on Decision made since Oct 10th and I'm see some other postings early July received their cards (Happy for you guys!) and makes me wonder.. is something wrong with my application?? What's going on??
May be they are sending letter to pick the card. Letter will take 2 weeks.
I'm.also waiting.

tej01

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
MUSTAFACAN said:
Tej

Tej
I hope u got the answer from rie reply.
Thanks Mustafa nd rie,

I will send explanation letter tomorrow via case specific web enquiry form..
Thanks for help. friends,,

Vievie3

Oct 15, 2018

Same with me sitting on “decision made since Oct 9th”. No card on the mail and status not changed to “completed”.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Has anyone been in a situation when an application was returned for whatever reason? How long did it take for you since re-submission?

I applied for PR card renewal for my parents in mid-July and a couple of weeks ago (i.e. 3 months after) got an acknowledgment email for my mom's application (and her status is now visible online, shows Decision made - but no card received in the mail yet).

However, my dad's application came back in the mail yesterday - turns out we somehow forgot to put a date under the signature :( (stupid I know!). So they asked to send back a completed application along with their letter (that they sent with the returned application). So, now I am wondering -does my dad's application going to be in the queue for another 3 months (i.e. as if from the start) ? Or is it already considered "in process" and hopefully will not take another 3 months to complete?

Wendl

Oct 24, 2018
Ok, So we sent my husband's PR renewal via courier on July 3rd, had heard nothing, could not link the application. Sent an email via the website asking why could not link, and what the status was on October 3rd. Got a reply that they had received the application July 6. On October 12th got another email stating,

"We can confirm that your card has already been approved and sent for production."

Still cannot get any information "online", using the UCR.

Any idea on the timelines to receive the Card? We have a trip booked for Nov 19th, and his current card expires Nov 3.

Glazersha

Sep 12, 2018
Ok, So we sent my husband's PR renewal via courier on July 3rd, had heard nothing, could not link the application. Sent an email via the website asking why could not link, and what the status was on October 3rd. Got a reply that they had received the application July 6. On October 12th got another email stating,

"We can confirm that your card has already been approved and sent for production."

Still cannot get any information "online", using the UCR.

Any idea on the timelines to receive the Card? We have a trip booked for Nov 19th, and his current card expires Nov 3.
Hi, It only took 2 days to received my card in the mail. But I believe Canada post is on strike, so I dont know how long. Don’t worry you will get your card before your flight date. I have booked flight on November 18,2018:)

D

Deleted member 103187

I got an AOR email today. I checked my status and all it says is
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October XX, 2018.
It is an urgent processing request and was received by IRCC last week. It does not say application is in process - just received. Does this mean the urgent processing has been accepted? I was thinking it goes in process same day you get the AOR?

chiefone

Oct 19, 2018
I got an AOR email today. I checked my status and all it says is
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October XX, 2018.
It is an urgent processing request and was received by IRCC last week. It does not say application is in process - just received. Does this mean the urgent processing has been accepted? I was thinking it goes in process same day you get the AOR?
I believe the urgent processing was accepted. Normally it takes about 3-4 months to get the AOR but in your case you received the AOR the same month