+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

robw

Mar 10, 2014
My application was received on June 18. I received an email from the PR centre on Sep 29 that my application was received.
I linked my application through that link and got a match. I don't see much info except for date received, name, application number and UCI number.

I can not check my application status through the other link (ECAS) as it does not match with anything.

However, a month ago I contacted them through the web form in order to provide my address change details and ask about my application.
I received an email from them two days ago stating that my application had already been approved and the sent for production.

So how do I get that timeline? What does the email I got mean? AOR?
or is it being produced?
That's really odd. ECAS and MyCIC pull their data from the same place, so the fact that you're getting info on one but not the other is not normal. Anyway, I think they've probably finalized your application or are almost about to because that's what the call center agent told me last week. Give them a call!

Glazersha

Sep 12, 2018
My application arrived at their office on June 25th.
I was finally able to see something on ecas and the update "Applicaton Received" on September 20th.

So basically, once our applications arrive there, they will be sitting there for about 3 months (as to today's processing time) until they get finally opened up for "completeness check". Then, if the application package is complete, you will be able to see the update on ecas.
Hi, We have in the same situation. They recieved my application on June 25th too. I called them this morning to verify about the status of my application. The agent to told me Still in process. I have flight booked on Novemeber. Hopefully, I get my card before of my travel date.

Reactions: rie_n

rie_n

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi, We have in the same situation. They recieved my application on June 25th too. I called them this morning to verify about the status of my application. The agent to told me Still in process. I have flight booked on Novemeber. Hopefully, I get my card before of my travel date.
Hi there, if the call centre agent told you that it's in process, I believe it shouldn't take long from now... Does your ecas show that as well?
Mine is still sitting at "Application Received" :(

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hi All,

Got the renewed card in the mail today.

- App received by CIC June 14th
- Aor September 24th
- Decision made Sep 25th
- Completed and mailed Sep 29th
- Received Today.

Best of luck to everyone else!
Congrats

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
ok. So I called IRCC and asked about the status.

They told me that my application had been approved and it is on its way to be mailed.
So possible timeline for me

1- Received: June 18, 2018
2- AOR and processing: Sep 29, 2018
3- DM: Oct 3, 2018
4- Received: NOT YET

They said mails are expected to be 2 to 3 weeks. wow, that's a long wait

Glazersha

Sep 12, 2018
Hi there, if the call centre agent told you that it's in process, I believe it shouldn't take long from now... Does your ecas show that as well?
Mine is still sitting at "Application Received" :(
Hi, yes still application received.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,
My citizenship application is in the process and I am now just waiting for my oath. I, however, applied for PR card renewal just to be on the safe side 3 months ago(July 1st week). I however never received any AOR for me or my wife. When I log in to my ECAS, it shows a wrong date for my application which is 1 month earlier than I actually applied. For my wife, it doesn't show anything. I am not too much worried since I believe I might get my oath before my card expiry, however, I want to be on the safe side. Did it happened with someone else as well, since it shows 86 days for renewal and here I've not even received the confirmation? What's the email they generally send the confirmation from ?

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Hello friends.
Just an update, my card was mailed on Sep 29 and I received it yest i.e. Oct 4
Good luck to everyone who are waiting for processing

hargobinder

Oct 30, 2012
Quick update from me (ECAS Status updated to" Complete")

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 27, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on September 29, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 4, 2018.

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
Totally ridiculous that it takes 3 months to simply acknowledge an application has been received. Today, there was an article in a UK newspaper where an immigrant complained they hadn't heard from the Home Office in 3 weeks. Well old boy, try doing your paper work in Canada. Absolutely abysmal level of service.

My app was received in early Aug so I guess I still have a month to go to even get an AoR, that is if my pictures are good enough.

My app has slowly been becoming more and more urgent, but I can't do anything about it because of the Canada Post strike (they make you send in a whole new application if your application is not in process) and obviously they haven't even picked my app up yet so I can't do it through the Webform.

JC_Calgary

Oct 5, 2018
Here is my timeline: this is a re-submission of my initial PR card renew which delivered to CIC on May 24th, my package was opened on August 27th, I dated my application wrong, got the full package returned in early Sept, resent it with the correct date. And when I called CIC, the agent told me "Your card has sent to production on Oct 4th", I will post again when I receive my card:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 14, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 4, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 4, 2018.

Reactions: rie_n

hargobinder

Oct 30, 2012
Here is my timeline: this is a re-submission of my initial PR card renew which delivered to CIC on May 24th, my package was opened on August 27th, I dated my application wrong, got the full package returned in early Sept, resent it with the correct date. And when I called CIC, the agent told me "Your card has sent to production on Oct 4th", I will post again when I receive my card:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 14, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 4, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 4, 2018.
Did you re submitted second time on urgent basis?