+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

robw

Mar 10, 2014
How long does it typically take from the day of mailing to "We received your application..."? I realize there are/have been recent Canada Post strikes...

I mailed my renewal in on September 17, and I'm unable to see any application found in the "Client Application Status" website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Am I missing something here?
Takes a little over 3 months. Probably won't be until early January till you see your application on eCAS.

rie_n

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
How long does it typically take from the day of mailing to "We received your application..."? I realize there are/have been recent Canada Post strikes...

I mailed my renewal in on September 17, and I'm unable to see any application found in the "Client Application Status" website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

My application arrived at their office on June 25th.
I was finally able to see something on ecas and the update "Applicaton Received" on September 20th.

So basically, once our applications arrive there, they will be sitting there for about 3 months (as to today's processing time) until they get finally opened up for "completeness check". Then, if the application package is complete, you will be able to see the update on ecas.

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Hey guys,

Just to give an update, today I received the AOR for my application that they received on June 20th!

Reactions: robw

robw

Mar 10, 2014
My application arrived at their office on June 25th.
I was finally able to see something on ecas and the update "Applicaton Received" on September 20th.

So basically, once our applications arrive there, they will be sitting there for about 3 months (as to today's processing time) until they get finally opened up for "completeness check". Then, if the application package is complete, you will be able to see the update on ecas.
I feel like if a natural-born Canadian learned about this process, they'd be stunned...like, you wait 3 months just to be told whether or not 5 documents you sent in the mail are to the correct specifications or not. And this isn't some trivial thing, it's a document that people need to travel, to go see their families, to go work, to go on vacation. It really is insane how
Hey guys,

Just to give an update, today I received the AOR for my application that they received on June 20th!
You should probably see DM in 2-3 weeks. I think they're working on June 15-June 20 applicants right now.

Reactions: godisFin

meanne

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
10-08-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2012
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
July 2013
I applied last June 25 and my application was received last June 29. A few days ago I checked my application status and it says Application received. Today I checked again and the status was gone. What could be wrong?

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016

I mailed my application around the same time & I am waiting to see an update in the client application status website.

I am expecting to see an update in Dec/Jan.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I feel like if a natural-born Canadian learned about this process, they'd be stunned...like, you wait 3 months just to be told whether or not 5 documents you sent in the mail are to the correct specifications or not. And this isn't some trivial thing, it's a document that people need to travel, to go see their families, to go work, to go on vacation. It really is insane how.
I couldn't agree more. An applicant has to wait 3 months in order to receive an acknowledgement that his application was received. That is borderline ridiculous & inefficient. Due to bad luck if the photos submitted do not match the specification, they are sent back to you after three months. It is shocking that they take three months to determine if the photos are correct.:eek:
You then get the correct photos & mail them back and your application goes right behind the queue & the wait of another 3 months begins.

I sincerely hope that IRCC reforms it's application process in the near future.

Last edited:

rie_n

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Quick question everyone...

Does the "linking your application to your online account" work at all?
I can't seem to do this successfully... Is it worth being annoyed by the fact that I can't link? Does it give you considerable amount of info?

I am able to see the regular ecas update, by the way.

Reactions: robw

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Quick question everyone...

Does the "linking your application to your online account" work at all?
I can't seem to do this successfully... Is it worth being annoyed by the fact that I can't link? Does it give you considerable amount of info?

I am able to see the regular ecas update, by the way.

Works I think once you get AOR

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
I received my PR card in mail today.
It took me 4 months to get the card.
App mailed May 30th, received June 5th.
Started processing September 20th.
PR card sent as per ecas September 28th (card printed September 27th)
Finally long wait is over!
I hope everyone waiting for their card get them soon.

Reactions: Mary1976

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Works I think once you get AOR
My application was received on June 18. I received an email from the PR centre on Sep 29 that my application was received.
I linked my application through that link and got a match. I don't see much info except for date received, name, application number and UCI number.

I can not check my application status through the other link (ECAS) as it does not match with anything.

However, a month ago I contacted them through the web form in order to provide my address change details and ask about my application.
I received an email from them two days ago stating that my application had already been approved and the sent for production.

So how do I get that timeline? What does the email I got mean? AOR?
or is it being produced?