Interview........
1 feb 2016 (Application approved)
Passport Req..
8 MAY 2017
VISA ISSUED...
17 MAY 2017
LANDED..........
20 MAY 2017
There is no good substitute for keeping complete records. Each PR has what no one else in the world, person or organization, has, and that is the opportunity to keep a complete and accurate record of every border crossing. The PR is the one individual in the whole world who is there each and every time.

And of course IRCC is fully cognizant of this. And, indeed, this is part (just part) of the explanation for why the burden is on the PR, whether attendant a PR RO compliance examination or in applying for citizenship, to completely and accurately report travel history.

IRCC and CBSA have a number of tools to check the completeness and accuracy of what a PR reports. The tools include CBSA history of entries into Canada, access to U.S. records of entries into the U.S. (for non-U.S. citizens, probably even citizens in the near future), and various other sources of corroborating information. BUT in most cases IRCC relies on the PR's report so long as all that other information does not reveal omissions or inaccuracies, and that is what IRCC is ordinarily looking to that other information for, to see whether something shows the PR has failed to accurately and completely declare all travel.

Which is NOT to say that IRCC will unreasonably ignore obvious evidence and indications of presence for periods of time the PR's reporting is sketchy or incomplete. IRCC will exercise its discretion to make reasonable inferences from what is known. Thus, for example, an unusually large number of border crossing events, readily confirmed by CBSA or U.S. records, tends to show the individual is indeed in Canada a lot, and in conjunction with a baseline of information tending to otherwise indicate a life in Canada, that can make it easy for IRCC to conclude the PR was in Canada for well over the minimum 730 days in five years to meet the RO even though the PR's submissions may have lacked the level of detail requested AND, it should be noted, USUALLY required at least within a fairly close range.

Nonetheless, if you really provided little or no actual travel date history, it is quite remarkable and, I would GUESS very lucky, that your application did not end up in non-routine processing and incur a lengthy processing timeline delay.

My guess is the risk of NOT being so lucky in a citizenship application is high.

That said, some estimating of dates, with explanation, is probably OK in a citizenship application . . . even though it appears IRCC has dropped (I could not find it again recently) its previous FAQ advice that applicants could "estimate" travel history in their citizenship application, so long as they clearly indicated which travel dates are estimated. Obviously, estimating travel history undoubtedly increases the risk of non-routine processing and a much longer timeline. And the more travel history is estimated the greater the risk.

Lowest risk is completely declaring all dates of travel and doing so accurately.

Of course there is a more strict approach to assessing presence in the citizenship application process, given the nature of the status and its lifetime duration, and given that the number of required presence is another full year of days.

Obviously multiple crossings in the same day are no big deal since it is just the day that is reported. (That would involve lots of practice sitting idly in queue I'd expect, so you should be well prepared for the citizenship application process-crawl. I cross the U.S. border way, way less often than I did in the past, perhaps largely due to the social and political environment in that S*hole country, but at least in significant part due to the lines, just the traffic alone let alone the potential examinations.)

In the citizenship forum there are various discussions about how to reconstruct travel history if the prospective applicant has incomplete records. The caution is to be sure to advise or explain this to IRCC; that is, to acknowledge some estimating derived from reconstructing the history as well as one can.

Ordinarily long haul truckers should have logs which would be a huge help in reconstructing the travel history. Others in the forum are more familiar with procedures to obtain U.S. records or CBSA travel history, which will usually fill in most of the gaps (for many, all the gaps, but not for everyone, so you should not rely entirely on this information). For someone who was crossing the border regularly for work, just looking at the work history should help identify much if not most of the travel history. For example, if I knew I was making deliveries in the U.S. five days a week most weeks from March 2016 to June 2018, it would be easy to identify most holidays and remember longer periods of time off, and just use the calendar to identify the vast majority of dates for that two plus year time period.

Trips to the U.S. do not even count as a day absent unless the PR spends two or more consecutive nights in the U.S. (Leaving one day and returning to Canada the next results in ZERO days absence, since the PR is actually physically present in Canada any day the individual is leaving Canada and any day the individual returns to Canada.) Technically all day trips need to be declared. This could be tedious. But tedious is not impossible. Not even impractical.

How much IRCC lets slide varies greatly. There tends to be a good deal of flexibility exercised relative to the PR RO, especially when it is well apparent the PR is well settled and actually living in Canada. Some similar flexibility, but less, is also exercised in citizenship application processing. But as I noted before, the best approach is to follow the rules and give IRCC direct answers for its requests. As best one reasonably can anyway.
Thanks for your time and valuable information.

hargobinder

Oct 30, 2012
Hi, It happened to me as well, I got my whole file back because of photo rejection. I have flight too on Oct travelling to India, I am gonna send them Urgent request. Now my question is did you send prepaid envelope of Ups or purolator? As canada post is on strike from Monday?
I send my application by canada post XpressPost Parcel method. I mailed on last monday evening on 24th Sep. i asked canada post employee about strike and she said that its not confirmed yet . they will decide on wednesday.

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
I have been sitting at In Process since Sept 20th. I see there have been a few people who have had DM with a similar time line to me. At this point, is it likely that my application could be returned (I forgot to write name and DOB on the back of photos, did send more in but maybe they did not manage to match them to my application)? Or if they have started processing, does that mean they have accepted my application?

I have been out of the country for about 40 days so other than the photos, I figured my application would be fairly straightforward.

I saw mention of a phone number, would they be able to give me a better update if I called?

Thanks

hargobinder

Oct 30, 2012
I have been sitting at In Process since Sept 20th. I see there have been a few people who have had DM with a similar time line to me. At this point, is it likely that my application could be returned (I forgot to write name and DOB on the back of photos, did send more in but maybe they did not manage to match them to my application)? Or if they have started processing, does that mean they have accepted my application?

I have been out of the country for about 40 days so other than the photos, I figured my application would be fairly straightforward.

I saw mention of a phone number, would they be able to give me a better update if I called?

Thanks
Hey Corgi, may be try calling them and ask about your status. That would be better rather then being worried.

Mary1976

Oct 1, 2018
I wonder if anyone could help me.
My husband and I sent our applications for pr renewal on June 6th which was delivered on June 11th. (WE PUT BOTH APPLICATIONS IN ONE ENVELOPE).
On Friday Sep 7th our status on e-cas changed to application received. (both of us)
On Sep 23rd my husband received AOR.
No AOR was sent to me.
His status changed to complete on Sep 29th and it said your card was sent by mail on 29th of Sep.
My status on e-cas still shows: Application Received!!
I’m really anxious now.
Did they send my card together with my husband’s card?

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hey Corgi, may be try calling them and ask about your status. That would be better rather then being worried.
Thanks Hargobinder. I guess I should have just done that in the first place! I am now on hold. The automated message said they were reviewing whether I meet eligibility requirements and that they did not need any further docs from me and I did not require an interview.

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Thanks Pari..
Today my status changed to Decision made. ohh such a relieve now.
That's nice, they sent my card on Sept 29 so hope to receive it soon too

vnps1903

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Great. Same DM in my case on 28 Sept. Explanation ( wen u clk DM )says,card will b sent to CIC office to pick up.Does it read the same in your case or says mailed to u or CIC ?

vnps1903

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Mine was the same. It said decision made the same day as processing started, the morning after the AOR. But today I was able to link my application and it says nothing about decision made. It says "we are verifying your eligibility requirements". The whole thing is confusing. Have you tried to link the application?

hargobinder

Oct 30, 2012
Great. Same DM in my case on 28 Sept. Explanation ( wen u clk DM )says,card will b sent to CIC office to pick up.Does it read the same in your case or says mailed to u or CIC ?
below lines display when i click on decision made. may be they will update further within this week.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 27, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on September 29, 2018.

vnps1903

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
When and how did u receive card?
below lines display when i click on decision made. may be they will update further within this week.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 27, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on September 29, 2018.

vnps1903

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Below these lines is 'Application for PRC ' to understand the status. U clk that and it explains various points.Beside DM it explains the possibilities. Check that