+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Photos for Landing Interview

canada1405

Feb 1, 2018
Good morning everyone,

I have a landing interview the end of this month. They ask me to bring 2 permanent resident photos.

Do both photos need to have the stamp of studio address and date on the back? OR only one photo has the stamp and the other one is blank on the back?

Should I write my name and date of birth on the back of both photos or just one photo?

Should one photo be completely blank on the back?

Please advise and thank you very much!

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Good morning everyone,

I have a landing interview the end of this month. They ask me to bring 2 permanent resident photos.

Do both photos need to have the stamp of studio address and date on the back? OR only one photo has the stamp and the other one is blank on the back?

Should I write my name and date of birth on the back of both photos or just one photo?

Follow the instruction you got. Both photos must have all details on the back.

Reactions: Bahar Ali

canada1405

Feb 1, 2018
This is from CIC website:

The back of one photo must include:
  • the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
This is from CIC website:

The back of one photo must include:
  • the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

Well if thats what they ask then thats what you need. I always did for both photos though and had no problems. Make sure that you follow all the size requirements cause they do send photos back for that.

canada1405

Feb 1, 2018
@momo2018 : Did you have all details (name, DOB, studio address, and date) on the back of both photos? Did you complete your landing and receive your PR card? Thank you.

Bahar Ali

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Good morning everyone,

Take more then 2 it's better Means keep xtra Photo with you.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
@Bahar Ali : did you mean take more then 2 photos? but CIC only need 2 photos?

Experts in this forum, please advise and thank you..
There's no need to take more than two photos, give them more than two photos, or anything like that. You're at the end of the process and there's no need to stress over this so much. Relax, breathe. They asked for two photos? Bring two photos. Only one needs to be stamped? Stamp only one. Simple as that. And no, they will not reject your whole application at the landing interview if you stamped both for your peace of mind. Relax.

Congrats on your PR.

Reactions: Bahar Ali

canada1405

Feb 1, 2018
@np08 Thank you, I am a bit worried. At your landing interview, Did you give them both stamped photos and both have your name and DOB on the back? I know the photographer always stamp on both photos.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
@np08 Thank you, I am a bit worried. At your landing interview, Did you give them both stamped photos and both have your name and DOB on the back? I know the photographer always stamp on both photos.
As far as I recall, only one was stamped as that's the instruction for these. When you go to a photographer and tell them it's for permanent residency, they already automatically stamp only one in my experience (at least they did for photos we submitted at the start of the app and the landing interview ones).

Either way, it's really not something to needlessly stress over at this point in the process.

Bahar Ali

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
As far as I recall, only one was stamped as that's the instruction for these. When you go to a photographer and tell them it's for permanent residency, they already automatically stamp only one in my experience (at least they did for photos we submitted at the start of the app and the landing interview ones).

Either way, it's really not something to needlessly stress over at this point in the process.
How long the process time me already 8month still my application is in london.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

canada1405

Feb 1, 2018
@np08 : Thank you, I don't understand why CIC only need one stamped and named photo, but not both. Will both photos make more sense in case lose one?

Did they glue one of your photo on their COPR copy?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
@np08 : Thank you, I don't understand why CIC only need one stamped and named photo, but not both. Will both photos make more sense in case lose one?

Did they glue one of your photo on their COPR copy?
I've always assumed one is for one of their forms or something.

It's really not something to stress over, though. Seriously. Stamp both photos if you wanna be safe and that's that.