+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident For Spousal Sponsorship

ClaudiaEUC

Apr 21, 2024
I recently had to go back to my home country due to a family emergency (one of my family member is severely ill) but my permanent resident application is still in process. I have to go back to Canada to visit my husband but I don’t know what to do since I have to apply for a Visitor visa but I was told that my current application may get cancelled if my visitor visa does because the immigration officers can see my name in the system. It has been 15 days since I came back to my home country. What can I do in this case? If anyone can help please as soon as they see this thread. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I recently had to go back to my home country due to a family emergency (one of my family member is severely ill) but my permanent resident application is still in process. I have to go back to Canada to visit my husband but I don’t know what to do since I have to apply for a Visitor visa but I was told that my current application may get cancelled if my visitor visa does because the immigration officers can see my name in the system. It has been 15 days since I came back to my home country. What can I do in this case? If anyone can help please as soon as they see this thread. Thank you
You need a valid TRV to retur to Canada. If you don't have a valid TRV, then you need to apply for one.

If you applied for PR inland, then yes, it's possible your application could be canceled if you are outside of Canada for too long.

I would recommend applying for the TRV as soon as possible if you don't have one since processing times can be long.

ClaudiaEUC

Apr 21, 2024
Can they also cancel my main application (My PR) if they see my name in the system when I apply for my visitor visa?