+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent resident card issue

johnk1299

Jun 5, 2012
hi,
i,john,holds nationality of italy but came to canada last week as an immigrant on spouse sponsorship.one of my friend told me about your firm that you people are simply great so i need help from you.If someone is divorced after landing in canada and came to canada on family sponsorship by wife then will he still able to get permanent resident card?my wife is threatning me..i just have landing document which i got from the immigration officer and my permanent resident card is due in a month which i will get by mail.does divorce effect permanent resident card by any way??????have i become permanent resident of canada or whats my status right now???/
hope to hear from you soon.
john
johnk1299@hotmail.com

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
*note* you have posted your question on a forum. this forum is used by the general public who have an interest in the Canadian Immigration process. People on this forum are not necessarily lawyers or experts (especially not me :) ) In case you want specific advice, then you can ask the question here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/contact-canadian-immigration-office.html

Now for your question. The Canadian govt, is looking at ways as to how to prevent abuse of the spousal sponsorship programs by people who marry just to settle in Canada. These people deceive their spouse by first marrying them and then separating as soon as they get their PR. It is not my concern if you fall in this category or not.

However, as of now, there is no such law that would prevent you from becoming a PR. That being said, if there were any misrepresentation on your PR application form, then your spouse could use that information to stop you from being a PR.

johnk1299

Jun 5, 2012
first of all let me tell you that i am not the one who wants divorce.she wants divorce and she is thinking about cancelling my pr status.according to her i am not financially sound to care for her and i have attitude problem

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
johnk1299 said:
first of all let me tell you that i am not the one who wants divorce.she wants divorce and she is thinking about cancelling my pr status.according to her i am not financially sound to care for her and i have attitude problem
If what you said is entirely true then she cant do anything. Divorce is a mutual consent thing...As long as you maintain that you are willing to live with her but she is not, you will not be held responsible in any way and she will be financially responsible for your well being in canada for 3 yrs. But if its you willing to want to get divorced from her, abusing her etc, then you are in for some trouble.

Hope this information helps.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
As far as I know, that 2 year "temporary" law is not applied yet, so there is no way she or anyone else can deport you unless you have misrepresentation on your application which can be used against you.
If everything on your application is the truth, you will not be deported because of divorce.

As for your other question about your status, when you land in Canada and sign your COPR in front of an officer, you become a permanent resident, you are already a permanent resident.

johnk1299

Jun 5, 2012
yes whatever i tell you is true.
i did not represent any false info on my immigration form.my wife thinks that i should spend lot of money on her even though she knows that i am not financially sound.i took with only few thousand dollars which she already snatched from me.according to her i have attitude problem.
if i shift from her home to other place then how will i get my pr card.bcz on airport it was told to me that my card would be sent to wife home address??????????????

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
If you change your address, refer to the following link to update your new address with CIC:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp

There is a link provided in the yellow box for new immigrants. Use that link or call the CIC call center and provide a new address to them.