+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Application In Process

Artnexia30

Sep 6, 2014
We pay for Visa process last March 6,2014 and we're expecting to have the passport request after a month or two months until such I received an email last July that my husband medical was expired. We haven't receive the another medical request until now to re do his medical in the Philippines. it's hard on my situation cause I just delivered my baby girl last August 30 and I don't have any relatives here to help and support me.I really need my husband badly. I'm hoping someone can help with my situation and can answer regarding the status of our application.

Thanks

Rhona Hernandez
UCI #: xxxxxxxx

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Artnexia30 said:
We pay for Visa process last March 6,2014 and we're expecting to have the passport request after a month or two months until such I received an email last July that my husband medical was expired. We haven't receive the another medical request until now to re do his medical in the Philippines. it's hard on my situation cause I just delivered my baby girl last August 30 and I don't have any relatives here to help and support me.I really need my husband badly. I'm hoping someone can help with my situation and can answer regarding the status of our application.
We can't answer regarding the status of your application - this information is seen in eCAS. Try logging into your eCAS and see the application status.

If you are in Canada, apply for GCMS notes by making a request under the Privacy Act - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp and query details about your application. It takes 30 days to get the results. It provides you more details on your application.

Now, if there are no instructions for him to go and do another medical (re-med), make sure you check all the spam folders in your email before sending a response back to the visa office and requesting for additional instructions and the medical request forms. Do not hesitate in asking your visa office for the forms.

Also, can you provide more details on your application timeline, such as visa office, date of application, etc.? From observations for PNP applications in CEM, medicals rarely expire before a PPR is issued. So I assume, your visa office may not be CEM (CPC-O or Ottawa?) is that correct?

.../atb

Artnexia30

Sep 6, 2014
They received our Permanent Resident Application on November 13, 2012. As per online status they received our Medical Result but there's no date. We pay for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) last March 6,2014. I did my Medical last December 2012 and my husband Medical was send March 2013.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Artnexia30 said:
They received our Permanent Resident Application on November 13, 2012. As per online status they received our Medical Result but there's no date. We pay for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) last March 6,2014. I did my Medical last December 2012 and my husband Medical was send March 2013.
Which visa office is this? Honestly - 2012 -> 2014 is too long for PNP applications in CEM even with medical furtherance.
.../atb

Artnexia30

Sep 6, 2014
Our papers is already in CIO Nova Scotia. Yes it took so long thats Why I'm asking for help especially with my situation.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Artnexia30 said:
Our papers is already in CIO Nova Scotia. Yes it took so long thats Why I'm asking for help especially with my situation.
CIO Nova Scotia is an intake office only - particularly true during 2012, when the Case Processing Center (CPC-Sydney) was not yet in operation. If you submitted your application to CIO-Sydney, NS, in 2012, it will have to be sent/transferred to a processing office either in Manila, or to Ottawa, for further processing. CIO-Sydney (or CIO-NS) is centralized intake office only - more of first-pass screening of applications for eligibility.

From which office has the correspondences (emails, medicals, etc.) been sent from? Have you received anything from the office in Manila? If you have not, then either your application has been sent to Ottawa (CPC-Ottawa or known as CPP-O early on) or is now being processed in CPC-Sydney. CPC-O currently has a published time of 17months (80 percent of all cases between April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014) - CPC-Sydney currently has no published timeframe, and observations of the posters here - this office is quite slow also.

Try emailing both offices to find out where your application is:
CIO-Sydney (aka CIO NS, there is no email for CPC-Sydney): CIO‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry@cic.gc.ca.
CPC-Ottawa: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Again see if you can apply for GCMS notes to get more details on your application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp
.../atb

Artnexia30

Sep 6, 2014
I send our P.R Application to CIC first and they transferred it to CPC-CTD-Ottawa,I think..I haven't received any response from Manila Office. The last emailed I received from them two weeks ago,they said mu emailed to them is already forwarded to the appropriate person for review and action,my email is about my husband medical which is expired and to fast rack my application.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Artnexia30 said:
I send our P.R Application to CIC first and they transferred it to CPC-CTD-Ottawa,I think..I haven't received any response from Manila Office. The last emailed I received from them two weeks ago,they said mu emailed to them is already forwarded to the appropriate person for review and action,my email is about my husband medical which is expired and to fast rack my application.
If CPC-Ottawa sent you an email regarding medical expiration - then there should be instructions either to have a re-med or the medical will be extended. If there are no instructions - then email them back and ask them if your husband needs to undergo a new medical exam and ask for the forms to be sent as soon as possible.

As to fast tracking your application - unless there are exigent circumstances (life-and-death situations, war, calamities, etc.) - unfortunately CIC does not fast track any application.

Also unfortunate CPC-O has a very bad rep for slow processing.

.../atb

Artnexia30

Sep 6, 2014
I already emailed them since I received there email that my husband medical was expired.I asked th to send me another medical request but they don't have any response with that.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Artnexia30 said:
I already emailed them since I received there email that my husband medical was expired.I asked th to send me another medical request but they don't have any response with that.
Getting a response from CPC-O takes some time as has been observed; waiting for a reply takes a few days, sometimes weeks.

This is why you should get ATIP/GCMS notes - the details in there would give you understanding where in the process is the application stalled. You can then use the information in there to make specific inquiries to CPC-O, not just general ones that they can send a pre-formatted response. Much specific inquiries yield better responses, plus it shows CPC-O that you are aware of where the application is now and where it is stalling.

Another alternative - ask your MP to make an inquiry on your behalf. They (MPs) can do this, although it would be better if you had more details via ATIP/GCMS to tell the MP what to inquire. Giving the MPs information on what to specifically query also adds weight to the inquiry. Search for your MP here: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC
And then contact them (email, call them up etc.) and ask assistance in inquiring about your application.

Do not hesitate to keep on sending messages/emails to CPC-O; it is in your best interest not to depend on waiting for a response before you send a message . Send out one and include a copy of the one you have sent and they have not replied to - and always state in there you have sent out emails and have not received any response yet....this sets a recording of all communications you have had with CPC-O and implies (should it come to that) this can be used in an official complaint.

.../atb