+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Applicant in a Single Status

Mar 27, 2016
Hi,

I am Kathrina, I am Single, no children and currently waiting for my approval of my open permit and Permanent Residency under Live in Caregiver Class .

I just received a letter from CIC today regarding my follow up application.

It was stated in the Letter :

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada & abroad must pass medical & background checks even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you & your family members have passed the medicals & background checks.

You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation of your choice.You may also apply for a study permit. To obtain the correct forms please visit the citizenship & immigration website.

Passport for yourself & your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada."

Question:

1.Do I need to write a Letter of Explanation ?that I just need to get a Permanent Resident Status of myself. I didn't include my family yet at this moment to come here in Canada because I'm not stable & had not yet better job . Otherwise it will delayed me to approve my PR because they need me to pass my family's medical & background check. But it says "If applicable" . What should I do?

2. They asked me to apply for a open permit application. I believe that I passed my open permit application & also renewal of work permit coz it's about to expire this coming October . I passed & payed it double payment together with my resident application before. Do I need to re- apply it again? Or I should just wait when the mail comes .

P.S. I received this letter thru e-mail not on the post mail.

I appreciate if someone suggest / relates about this matter

Thank you.

Kathrina

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
1.Do I need to write a Letter of Explanation ?that I just need to get a Permanent Resident Status of myself. I didn't include my family yet at this moment to come here in Canada because I'm not stable & had not yet better job . Otherwise it will delayed me to approve my PR because they need me to pass my family's medical & background check. But it says "If applicable" . What should I do?
What family are you talking about? You said you're single with no children, so this doesn't apply to you as no family members would need to do medicals or be included in your app. The only "family" they are referring to here is your spouse or dependent children.

Other family members (parents, siblings, etc) are NOT included in your PR app. None of these family members need to do medicals or anything like that.

2. They asked me to apply for a open permit application. I believe that I passed my open permit application & also renewal of work permit coz it's about to expire this coming October . I passed & payed it double payment together with my resident application before. Do I need to re- apply it again? Or I should just wait when the mail comes .
If you already applied, then I don't think you should apply again. Perhaps just send them a case-specific inquiry or call them to make sure they still have your original OWP app on record.

Mar 27, 2016
Hi Rob,

I am heartfelt to thank you for clearing out my queries. This is my first time to receive a letter from CIC & I believe this is just a stepping stone process or a standard letter that every applicant have been received. But then I am skeptical & make sure that I know where to proceed. I hope I could received a good news from the post mail of that TRP after this letter.

It's been 6 mos from now & I already hear from CIC response. Hope being in a single status coud obtain a PR as quickly as possible. I know everybody wishing for it & so do I.

Thank you so much Rob! You made my day less worry.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012