+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent residency

Silvi

Mar 25, 2006
I have temporary resident visa and work permit valid until May 30 and it is my third year returning to work in Canada in the winter season. It adds up 13 months of working in Canada and 17 months living in Canada. I would like to apply for PR within Canada as I have a common-law relationship. Do I have any chance to do so while staying in Canada and being allowed to work here? :?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Silvi said:
I have temporary resident visa and work permit valid until May 30 and it is my third year returning to work in Canada in the winter season. It adds up 13 months of working in Canada and 17 months living in Canada. I would like to apply for PR within Canada as I have a common-law relationship. Do I have any chance to do so while staying in Canada and being allowed to work here? :?
Have you lived in a c/law relationship for 1 year continuously, from your post it would appear not. If not then you cannot be sponsored in Canada. If you have then, your c/law spouse can sponsor you in Canada, but you would not be able to work until you receive the AIP about 7/8 months into the process.

PMM

dadras

Apr 4, 2006
Silvi said: