+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent residency received (COPR), but baby born after this!!!

the_migrant

Dec 8, 2014
Got my confirmation of permanent residency and have until march 2016 to enter Canada. This was around June 2015. We decided to have the baby not in canada due to potential out of pocket costs. My wife delivered my son last month and we had to send back all COPRs (as immigration canada required them), pay $150, post photos of the newborn and add new forms to add the baby to the application.

has anyone been (or is currently) in this situation? We've got air tickets ready for Christmas day and are really worried that CIC will take long to issue medical request for the bub and then passport copies...

the status in the CIC site still is DECISION MADE, we're wondering how long it'd take them to request medical examinations for the baby.

any ideas

rohitcem

Feb 11, 2019
AOR Received.
01-02-2019
Got my confirmation of permanent residency and have until march 2016 to enter Canada. This was around June 2015. We decided to have the baby not in canada due to potential out of pocket costs. My wife delivered my son last month and we had to send back all COPRs (as immigration canada required them), pay $150, post photos of the newborn and add new forms to add the baby to the application.

has anyone been (or is currently) in this situation? We've got air tickets ready for Christmas day and are really worried that CIC will take long to issue medical request for the bub and then passport copies...

the status in the CIC site still is DECISION MADE, we're wondering how long it'd take them to request medical examinations for the baby.

any ideas
so how did it go after that ? i am in similar situation and seeking guidance