+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Obligations

HumairDiwan

Sep 8, 2017
Hi,

What happens if the children and spouse of principal applicant complete their residency obligation by living in Canada for more than 3 years out of 5 but principal applicant himself does not complete their residency obligation ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

What happens if the children and spouse of principal applicant complete their residency obligation by living in Canada for more than 3 years out of 5 but principal applicant himself does not complete their residency obligation ?
1. Nothing to the spouse and children, they retain their PR status.
2. The principal applicant can be reported for not meeting theirs, if reported, and then lose the appeal, then they lose their PR status.

Medmhn

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
Hi.
I did aplay to renw my pr for umgergency .i sent my aplication on 02 july2018.with my fly tiket .im leaving canada on 06august 2018 for 02month.i realy dont know what to do.di i leave canada and et the process take time. im worry if i aplay for travel document they may refuse it so i will be stuck outside and i cant re enter to canada.i did ve now 760 days now present in canada so plz advise

Medmhn

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
I did aplay to renw my pr for umgergency .i sent my aplication on 02 july2018.with my fly tiket .im leaving canada on 06august 2018 for 02month.i realy dont know what to do.di i leave canada and et the process take time. im worry if i aplay for travel document they may refuse it so i will be stuck outside and i cant re enter to canada.i did ve now 760 days now present in canada so plz advise

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Highly unlikely you will get your PR card renewed in such a short timeframe. With 760 days in Canada I would anticipate secondary review. You have the option of returning through the US and driving to Canada in a private vehicle or applying for a PRTD from where you are travelling. Be very careful you are currently on a rolling requirement so you must fulfill your 2 out of 5 year residency requirement at all times. Depending on when you stayed in Canada you could not meet you RO within months and could struggle to come back to Canada.

Medmhn

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
If leave canada on 06agust 2018and i apaly fpr travel document on 11 augst 2018.for sure i need to back 5years and i did my calucation residence it show me i ve phisical presence in canada 790days .ist that will help me.? and i dont know why if they cant make it urgent so why they dont take it normal process and when they send me my pr i do ve relative family in canada who can recive my card pr and he bring it to me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If leave canada on 06agust 2018and i apaly fpr travel document on 11 augst 2018.for sure i need to back 5years and i did my calucation residence it show me i ve phisical presence in canada 790days .ist that will help me.? and i dont know why if they cant make it urgent so why they dont take it normal process and when they send me my pr i do ve relative family in canada who can recive my card pr and he bring it to me.
Given that when you applied you only had 760 days I expect that CIC will want a secondary review. You will have to submit proof that you were in Canada for those days. It could take a long time. You will have to pick up your card in person. Just to be clear after the first 2 out o 5 years you must be in Canada 2 out of 5 years on any day. It is not that you have to be present in Canada 2 out of the next 5 years. You will have to do your own calculations.

Medmhn

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
My last entry to canada is on 05may 2017 .sens that enter im in canada i ve 354 days now .plus i ve 306 days for the other 4 years. and im leaving canada on 06 august.so sens i get back home iwill ask for travel doucuent and if i go back again for new calclatuion i i will getmore than 780days.my wife is sick and she need surgi that is why i must go home whatever it will cost me.yes i like canada but for sure i love my wife my kids more.

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
if you apply for PR travel document on 11 August, then they will look back 5 years to 11 Aug 2013. So you have to calculate how many days you were in Canada during 11 Aug 2013 to 11 Aug 2018. Is it more than 730 days ?
Next step - imagine that it will take 2 weeks - 2 months before you can get the PR Travel document. This is merely assumption, could be more or less. That means you have to still have 730 days upto the time they make decision . If we assume 2 months then around 11 October 2018. Now count back 5 years from 11 Oct 2018 to 11 Oct 2013 , Do you have 730 days in Canada during this time ? If you have enough time in Canada then nothing to worry. You just have to apply and wait till they process it.
If you fall short of days in Canada while they are processing the PR Travel document, then they may refuse your application.