+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency information

Discussion in 'Permanent Residency Obligations' started by Deah_M, May 17, 2019.

  1. My ex moved to Canada with our child a few years ago and is applying for permanent residency. Does the Declaration from non-accompanying parent/guardian for minors (IMM 5604) give sole custody to the parent residing in Canada? or is the form just for the basis of the parent living in Canada to obtain permanent residency for the child? I ask this because there is a statement on the form saying "I have read and understand the contents of this letter and by signing and returning this letter, I am confirming that I fully understand that I may be permanently separated from my above mentioned child" and I do not want this! I would want for my child to receive permanent residency however, I would still like to have access to my child!
  2. A lawyer may assist you better than we can.
    Deah_M likes this.
  3. Most people on here would agree with the above do not sign anything at all until you have consulted a lawyer.
    Deah_M likes this.

Share This Page