+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency - Final Decision

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
Hi everyone,

We received an email from Immigration saying that processing of our application has been completed and that the Windsor IRCC office will contact us to arrange an appointment for the finalization of my wife's permanent residency application. I just have a couple of questions:
  • What can we expect at this appointment?
  • How will the office contact us - will it be by phone or email?
  • We paid the whole permanent residency fee up front - $1,040 - which includes the right of permanent residence fee. I'm assuming I just need to show the receipt for that payment and we should be good?
  • Anything else I need to know going forward?
Thank you so much for your help!

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi everyone,

We received an email from Immigration saying that processing of our application has been completed and that the Windsor IRCC office will contact us to arrange an appointment for the finalization of my wife's permanent residency application. I just have a couple of questions:
  • What can we expect at this appointment?
  • How will the office contact us - will it be by phone or email?
  • We paid the whole permanent residency fee up front - $1,040 - which includes the right of permanent residence fee. I'm assuming I just need to show the receipt for that payment and we should be good?
  • Anything else I need to know going forward?
Thank you so much for your help!
I am assuming you’re an inland application since this email is sent for inland. This is your decision made basically. They have completed everything to do with your file. The appointment is a landing interview that you both have to attend. Answer a couple or few more questions about convictions, any dependents you may not have declared and address you are going to stay to name a few after which they will hand you the CoPr

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
I am assuming you’re an inland application since this email is sent for inland. This is your decision made basically. They have completed everything to do with your file. The appointment is a landing interview that you both have to attend. Answer a couple or few more questions about convictions, any dependents you may not have declared and address you are going to stay to name a few after which they will hand you the CoPr
Awesome, thank you. I was able to ask a few friends who had the same appointment and they gave me the same rundown you did - basically some very straightforward questions and then she'll get her PR.

Reactions: Krissh2179

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
I have another question based on the documents that we're required to bring, specifically the letter of employment. My wife has some cleaning jobs: one is a church that we clean together and then she has two houses that she does on her own. Those two houses are easy enough, but what do I do for the church cleaning that we do? Because we just get a cheque into our joint banking account. How do I explain that to immigration/what kind of documentation should I bring?