+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Card

Friend2ya

Oct 12, 2009
Good Evening,

Hope everyone is doing well.
I have a question regarding my wife residency card.
She applied for FSW as primary beneficiary and everyone myself/children got admitted in Canada in 2012 since then, she has been visiting me from the US.
I know her PRC will expire in November 2014. She had no plan coming back, because she can't find work here and leaving her US job will turn into a financial drop. Its very frustrating being separate from family.
I can only make enough to support myself and my concern is if Canada Immigration will revoke my PRC, base on her residency requirements??

Thank you for your time,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Friend2ya said:
Good Evening,

Hope everyone is doing well.
I have a question regarding my wife residency card.
She applied for FSW as primary beneficiary and everyone myself/children got admitted in Canada in 2012 since then, she has been visiting me from the US.
I know her PRC will expire in November 2014. She had no plan coming back, because she can't find work here and leaving her US job will turn into a financial drop. Its very frustrating being separate from family.
I can only make enough to support myself and my concern is if Canada Immigration will revoke my PRC, base on her residency requirements??

Thank you for your time,
1. No CIC won't "revoke" your PR if you are meeting your residency obligations. It is quite possible that wife, if she doesn't meet hers, will find herself reported.

Friend2ya

Oct 12, 2009
Thank you for your quick response PMM,

Do you think CIC will make an exemption? My wife is trying to petition me back to the US, and I know my visa interview will be denied due to visa overstayed(Will find out early 2015)

So even my wife is the primary applicant and her RO is about to expired, will not affect my permanent status in Canada?

Will any US Immigration Denial letter such as waiver of inadmissible, helps to convince the agent such hardship to reinstate her PRC?