+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent residency application

greenrose

Feb 28, 2011
hi
i am currently working as a live in care giver for almost 14months now...in relation to the new guidelines in applying for permanent residency,, i should finish atleast 24months of work within 4yrs...should i work 40hrs/week for 24 months? i am so much worried because lately i found out that my employer only paid taxes for just 32hrs/week of my work... is 32hrs/week for 24months of work enough? thanks.. i badly needed your help..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

greenrose said:
hi
i am currently working as a live in care giver for almost 14months now...in relation to the new guidelines in applying for permanent residency,, i should finish atleast 24months of work within 4yrs...should i work 40hrs/week for 24 months? i am so much worried because lately i found out that my employer only paid taxes for just 32hrs/week of my work... is 32hrs/week for 24months of work enough? thanks.. i badly needed your help..
No you require 3900 hours to apply .

greenrose

Feb 28, 2011
Re: permanent residency application---hours in full time job

hi..
i just have a conflicting idea..
i have read from this forum under the temporary worker topic that the minimum hours required under the live-in caregiver program to be considered full time work was 30hrs per week... :eek:
help me pls...
im so confused.. :-X
tnx..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: permanent residency application---hours in full time job

Hi

greenrose said:
hi..
i just have a conflicting idea..
i have read from this forum under the temporary worker topic that the minimum hours required under the live-in caregiver program to be considered full time work was 30hrs per week... :eek:
help me pls...
im so confused.. :-X
tnx..
"When all else fails, read the instructions"

If you the province where you are working defines full time as 30 hours per week, then you can apply after 24 months. With 3900 hours, the earliest you can apply is 22 months. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5290E.PDF page 4