+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Application as In Canada Protected Person

pepiokaf

Oct 8, 2022
Hi all,
I applied for PR as an In Canada Protected Person and got my temporary application number on March 2nd, 2022.
I received this email from CIC Mississauga on October 7th, 2022. Is this like a generic email they send out once your application has begun processing? I already submitted all these documents when I applied initially. I am thinking I just ignore this email right?
Here is the link to the email https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BVTDIUfTiQex3Gw779Ez-ngg0UH-cSrp?usp=sharing

Also, my application number on the document that was attached starts with a G so I am guessing this is the permanent application number as opposed to the temporary one that started with XG.

I would also appreciate hearing from those who have applied for PR through this pathway what their timeline was and if you have gotten your PR or still waiting. Thank you

Reactions: Gibba Janneh

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
I applied for PR as an In Canada Protected Person and got my temporary application number on March 2nd, 2022.
I received this email from CIC Mississauga on October 7th, 2022. Is this like a generic email they send out once your application has begun processing? I already submitted all these documents when I applied initially. I am thinking I just ignore this email right?
Here is the link to the email https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BVTDIUfTiQex3Gw779Ez-ngg0UH-cSrp?usp=sharing

Also, my application number on the document that was attached starts with a G so I am guessing this is the permanent application number as opposed to the temporary one that started with XG.

I would also appreciate hearing from those who have applied for PR through this pathway what their timeline was and if you have gotten your PR or still waiting. Thank you
Yes ignore if you submitted all the documents necessarily when submitting your application. Yes this is AOR.

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
I applied July 2021 and still no PR. It’s taking very very long.
Goodluck to you!

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
The application was submitted online on August 5, 2021, and I have not received AOR until I linked to my IRCC account on October 11 this year, and it showed that the medical treatment passed on the same day! No update so far

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
Hi all,

The application was submitted online on August 5, 2021, and I have not received AOR until I linked to my IRCC account on October 11 this year, and it showed that the medical treatment passed on the same day! No update so far

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If your medical shows passed you must have received AOR but may have missed the notification.

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
If your medical shows passed you must have received AOR but may have missed the notification.
Yes, the ircc system is very random now, so don’t worry if you have already started processing it. I don’t know how long it will take for the background check after the medical treatment is passed, and what will be checked in the background check?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, the ircc system is very random now, so don’t worry if you have already started processing it. I don’t know how long it will take for the background check after the medical treatment is passed, and what will be checked in the background check?
Would anticipate PR process will take around 1.5-2 years given current backlogs.

Protected person

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Hi
Sir would u plz tell me how to link ur online PR application to IRCc ??