+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency and Child Dependent

venjov3n03

Jun 3, 2014
Can I Process the Sponsorship of / Sponsor my Dependent Child while waiting for my Permanent Residency to be accept in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
venjov3n03 said:
Can I Process the Sponsorship of / Sponsor my Dependent Child while waiting for my Permanent Residency to be accept in Canada?
No - you can't.

However if you have a dependent child, they should have been included in your application for permanent residency (in fact they must have been included if you want to be able to sponsor them in the future). If the dependent child wasn't included in your application for PR, then you need to amend your application ASAP to include the child. If the child was included but flagged as non-accompanying, then you can either change the child's status to accompanying - or you will have to wait until you officially become a PR before you can sponsor the child.

venjov3n03

Jun 3, 2014
I've got this message. "a final decision will not be made
until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both
in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying
to join you in Canada at this time." this means my dependent child has been included in my application for my PR right. and i will accompanying my child. this means while waiting for my pr to be accepted. so how long should i wait to sponsorship my child while waiting for my pr? Sorry my English very poor

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
venjov3n03 said:
I've got this message. "a final decision will not be made
until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both
in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying
to join you in Canada at this time." this means my dependent child has been included in my application for my PR right. and i will accompanying my child. this means while waiting for my pr to be accepted. so how long should i wait to sponsorship my child while waiting for my pr? Sorry my English very poor
How old is your child? Will your child be joining you in the future in canada?