+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent residence

dread

Sep 5, 2008
Hi,

Iam a marketing professional from India with more than 12 years of experience. I am interested in applying for a permanent residence status visa for Canada. I have a college degree and have also done an additional 2 year diploma in Marketing Management. I am fairly fluent in english (read, write & speak). Would like someone to tell me whether this qualifies for the above and the procedure for the same.

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It all depends on points. You can check at the immigration website self assessment but be advised that the waiting time for a federal skilled worker application is something like 6 years last time I checked. It would be faster for you if you can qualify for a provincial nominee program, you can get a job offer, temporary work permit and with the help of employer get nominated by the province for PR status.

dread

Sep 5, 2008
Hi Leon, thanks for the reply. Would it make any difference to the waiting period, if i have an experience of 12 years?
Thanks

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
Nope!

Waiting period is determined by the volume of the applications being handled at the visa office where you apply; not experience...