+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence in Canada NWT

Feb 5, 2018
Hello I have been living in the United States all my life. 3 Years ago I met my girlfriend online and we began dating. I have visited her 3 times now over the past two years for a total time spent there of 3 months and 3 weeks. The past 2 times I've visited i was given a visitors record due to the length of time i stayed, and i left upon the date i stated i would.

Here is a little bit of background about myself. I haven't had health insurance in quite a number of years here in the US due to the cost being to much. I have a heart condition that doesn't prevent me from working however i have not been able to get my drivers license due to 1. Not having health insurance and 2. Never learning to drive. I have a two year associates from a college here in the USA in applied science. However i have never worked a job that used that degree or specifically hired me because of that degree. I want to return to college to go into Information Technology and begin my career there.

Should i post my Resume minus all my personal info? What other information would help anyone here provide me advice based off my information.

I have been wanting to immigrate there for awhile now however due to my lack of skilled work i'm very uncertain of my options. So this is why i'm reaching out to this forum. I appreciate anyone who puts the time in to respond. The immigration process is quite perplexing and scary.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello I have been living in the United States all my life. 3 Years ago I met my girlfriend online and we began dating. I have visited her 3 times now over the past two years for a total time spent there of 3 months and 3 weeks. The past 2 times I've visited i was given a visitors record due to the length of time i stayed, and i left upon the date i stated i would.

Here is a little bit of background about myself. I haven't had health insurance in quite a number of years here in the US due to the cost being to much. I have a heart condition that doesn't prevent me from working however i have not been able to get my drivers license due to 1. Not having health insurance and 2. Never learning to drive. I have a two year associates from a college here in the USA in applied science. However i have never worked a job that used that degree or specifically hired me because of that degree. I want to return to college to go into Information Technology and begin my career there.

Should i post my Resume minus all my personal info? What other information would help anyone here provide me advice based off my information.

I have been wanting to immigrate there for awhile now however due to my lack of skilled work i'm very uncertain of my options. So this is why i'm reaching out to this forum. I appreciate anyone who puts the time in to respond. The immigration process is quite perplexing and scary.
From the information you've provided, you won't qualify for any economic stream. You would need to go through the programs yourself to see. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html.

Assuming your girlfriend is a Canadian citizen or PR, you can look at marrying or becoming common-law and applying for sponsorship.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Are you a US citizen? It seems odd that you got 2 visitor records for a total visit of 3 months over three years. That’s really not a long stay.

Apart from that, your best option to migrate is to be sponsored by your girlfriend, as stated above.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The other way is to apply to study in Canada. Once you graduate, you will be allowed to work and then various immigration programs will open up for you.