+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence Fee requested befor medical checks IS THIS NORMAL!!

Hawa Baghdad

Sep 2, 2012
hi
this is my first time hear and not so sure how to use this wed site
any way I have an application ( skilled worker ) since 2009 and recently on jan 2012 started processing ... police certificates and additional info was requested and I sent them on the May 23 ... last week I received a letter from visa Office requesting to pay PR Fees !! .. is this normal since they have not requested for medical checks until yet ... by the way i am a UAE resident and my application is being processed in UK

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application fee and RPRF are the 2 fee which an applicant have to pay. Application fee is paid at the time of filing application, and the RPRF is at the time of issuance of visa. I feel you are talking about RPRF. I have never heard RPRF( landing fee) requested before medicals. Have you added any new member to your application?

Hawa Baghdad

Sep 2, 2012
thank you so much for your reply
and yes it is Right of Permanent Residence Fee RPRF ... I would like to mention that the visa office also requsted new photos, my immigrent lawyer told me maybe these new photos for meds because last photos I took was 3 years ago and my kids where babies then so they will need new photos for them to print on the medical application ... does this add up ??

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hawa Baghdad said:
thank you so much for your reply
and yes it is Right of Permanent Residence Fee RPRF ... I would like to mention that the visa office also requsted new photos, my immigrent lawyer told me maybe these new photos for meds because last photos I took was 3 years ago and my kids where babies then so they will need new photos for them to print on the medical application ... does this add up ??
How much is the amount the VO is asking to pay ?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hawa Baghdad said:
it is 490 Canadian Dollar for each me and my spouse, 980 $ for both
I think VO has issued medical along with RPRF. RPRF alone does not make sense.

nadandfad

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2009
Doc's Request.
15 April 2009
AOR Received.
23 June 2009
IELTS Request
Done before applying - August 2008
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
February 2013 hopefully
Hello,

I was asked for RPRF and other documents one month before the medicals; now I am waiting for PPR!

Good Luck!

gudboy

Mar 13, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
April 2010
Med's Request
05 June 2012
Med's Done....
17 June 2012
Interview........
Waied off
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 Nov 2012 InshAllah Soon
LANDED..........
InshAllah in March April 2013
Hawa Baghdad said:
thank you for your kind replies, I guess I'm gona have to wait and see
Dear Baghdad,

The same case with me. My Application was submitted in late 2009. Then they started processing in Feb 2012. Then they sent me letter for new Police Certificate, my daughter's updated photo, my travel history along with RPRF. I submitted all this along with RPRF. Then they sent us the medical for my family.

The only difference is that in your case, they didn't ask for RPRF with other documents however in my case they asked with it.

So go ahead, pay the fee and wait for medical

Hawa Baghdad

Sep 2, 2012
gudboy said:
Dear Baghdad,

The same case with me. My Application was submitted in late 2009. Then they started processing in Feb 2012. Then they sent me letter for new Police Certificate, my daughter's updated photo, my travel history along with RPRF. I submitted all this along with RPRF. Then they sent us the medical for my family.

The only difference is that in your case, they didn't ask for RPRF with other documents however in my case they asked with it.

gudboy said:
Dear Baghdad,

thank you for your reply I am less confused now I hope the same thing goes on for me, by the way did the medical exam form contain the updated photos of your duaghter, they also requested updated photos for all my family members