+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence document expiry

besi002

Jan 18, 2019
Hi guys,

can anyone help me with this issue: my PR was just accepted. I am waiting for my passport to arrive but in the meantime the online system is updated. The application is shown as accepted but the expiry date is 3 weeks from now, which is the expiry of my medical visits. I havent received any request for re-medical visits. What should I do in this case? Are they going to extend the date?

Thanks in advance!

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi guys,

can anyone help me with this issue: my PR was just accepted. I am waiting for my passport to arrive but in the meantime the online system is updated. The application is shown as accepted but the expiry date is 3 weeks from now, which is the expiry of my medical visits. I havent received any request for re-medical visits. What should I do in this case? Are they going to extend the date?

Thanks in advance!
No, you will have to land within that period.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!
Occasionally, a COPR is issued with a very short window. If you don't have enough time to land, you contact IRCC and they will have you send the COPR back. They will then either extend the medical or request a new one.

Reactions: besi002

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Due to the procedural fairness and problem with POF your case dragged on and that is why your medical has almost been a year. Would really encourage you to do a soft landing.

Reactions: besi002