+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal

JazzyDo

Jun 25, 2021
This is an extract of the letter from CIC inviting me to use the PR confirmation portal:

“We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you today”.

Question:
1. Does “the end of process for your application” means my PR has been approved?

2. I’ve replied 2 days ago and still no reply from them. Any idea how long will it take CIC to create an account?

ogcorp

Mar 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2020
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
@JazzyDo yessss your file is almost approved. Don’t worry your portal credentials will arrive in around a week. When you receive the second email the PR portal will request change the password

After that select the declaration that you are in Canada, add your address and upload the pic and thats it! After you submit the docs your CoPR will arrive to your email and your PR card in around a month. There are delays from three weeks to one month to finalize the file but some people got CoPR after three days of sending the docs

JazzyDo

Jun 25, 2021
Thanks, Ogcorp! That’s such great news. I managed to get into the portal with the email that I gave to IRCC. I didn’t get any email notification regarding the credentials but somehow my account was already created. When logged in, I saw my file and followed the steps to confirm PR ie. declaration, address and photo. It’s now a waiting game!!

Reactions: mikumiku

Regina Phalange

Jul 1, 2021
Thanks, Ogcorp! That’s such great news. I managed to get into the portal with the email that I gave to IRCC. I didn’t get any email notification regarding the credentials but somehow my account was already created. When logged in, I saw my file and followed the steps to confirm PR ie. declaration, address and photo. It’s now a waiting game!!
How did you manage to do that if you don't mind me asking? How did you log in if you didn't have the credentials?

JazzyDo

Jun 25, 2021
I created an account here: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

The email I used was the same as the one I gave to IRCC. I didn’t get any credentials from them and when I login to the PR portal, I didn’t see anything except ways to apply. However, a day or 2 later when I logged in, the PR confirmation part appeared! My guess is you can actually create the account yourself but you wouldn’t see your file until IRCC uploads it. Hope this helps.

nilaap

Jun 14, 2019
I am the primary applicant in our PR profile which also has my spouse has dependent. Is it possible to receive the 'IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal' email that requests the information only addressed to the dependent? I am the primary applicant and have not received a similar email.

This email is requesting information that would be needed to set up an account - To confirm your PR status using the portal
Anyone who could help me understand this would be really helpful

EE2Canada2020

Aug 19, 2021

The email I used was the same as the one I gave to IRCC. I didn’t get any credentials from them and when I login to the PR portal, I didn’t see anything except ways to apply. However, a day or 2 later when I logged in, the PR confirmation part appeared! My guess is you can actually create the account yourself but you wouldn’t see your file until IRCC uploads it. Hope this helps.
What password did you use? or did you use the "Create an Account" button. It also says -If you are only using this portal to confirm your permanent resident status and receive your permanent resident card, IRCC will create an account for you and email you your username and temporary password............ which I guess is the 2nd Portal email

JazzyDo

Jun 25, 2021
I created the account myself hence password was set by me. The email I used was the same one that I’ve given to IRCC. Till today I’ve never received the second portal email. However, after 2-3 days of creating the account, I can see my files on the PR confirmation portal. I, then, was able to declare my address in Canada and submitted photo. It has been almost 2 months now and I am still waiting for eCOPR or PR card.

Reactions: EE2Canada2020

EE2Canada2020

Aug 19, 2021
I created the account myself hence password was set by me. The email I used was the same one that I’ve given to IRCC. Till today I’ve never received the second portal email. However, after 2-3 days of creating the account, I can see my files on the PR confirmation portal. I, then, was able to declare my address in Canada and submitted photo. It has been almost 2 months now and I am still waiting for eCOPR or PR card.
Thanks for answer. I will use your method if i don't get portal email 2. Good wishes to you

carlosmfr

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017

Wow! Thank you so much! I did it and I have the account

Nemmo

May 8, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have received my first portal email ( 5 separate emails for every member in my family)it asked me to confirm my information and confirm being in Canada.
How can I respond to the email? Do I need to respond to each email separately?
What is the process after responding?
Do I have to creat email for each family member?

JazzyDo

Jun 25, 2021
Great news! After 5 long months of waiting, I got the eCOPR today! Let’s see how long it will take for the PR card to arrive!!