Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
I came to Canada in 2010 on a year work visa, but I overstayed and in 2016 CBSA issued me an exclusion order, but they allowed me to send my PR application since I was already married to a Canadian citizen and have a child together, and in 2018 I got my permanent residency.

The thing is that my PR card will expire soon and I need to renew it, but one of the questions on the form is “have you ever been issued a removal order in Canada”.

Back in 2016 when I got the exclusion order I was never given a date to leave the country since they told me that if I was approved in principle I could stay in the country until IRCC made a decision.
So my question is, should I answer to this question yes, and will that have any negative affect on my PR card renewal?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I came to Canada in 2010 on a year work visa, but I overstayed and in 2016 CBSA issued me an exclusion order, but they allowed me to send my PR application since I was already married to a Canadian citizen and have a child together, and in 2018 I got my permanent residency.

The thing is that my PR card will expire soon and I need to renew it, but one of the questions on the form is “have you ever been issued a removal order in Canada”.

Back in 2016 when I got the exclusion order I was never given a date to leave the country since they told me that if I was approved in principle I could stay in the country until IRCC made a decision.
So my question is, should I answer to this question yes, and will that have any negative affect on my PR card renewal?
Answering yes is the only option and it will NOT impact your PR Card renewal.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/rem-ren-eng.html

There are three types of Removal Orders issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). These are Departure Orders, Exclusion Orders and Deportation Orders. The form number on the Removal Order indicates what type of order you received.

ama25

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Answering yes is the only option and it will NOT impact your PR Card renewal.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/rem-ren-eng.html

There are three types of Removal Orders issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). These are Departure Orders, Exclusion Orders and Deportation Orders. The form number on the Removal Order indicates what type of order you received.
Thank you so much for your response. So should I send them the exclusion order I received from CBSA with my PR card renewal application and explain what happened, and will that delay the process?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your response. So should I send them the exclusion order I received from CBSA with my PR card renewal application and explain what happened, and will that delay the process?
Do whatever the instructions dictate. You may just need to answer the question and provide the details. Not sure you need to actually send the Exclusion Order unless IRCC asks for it. Answering the question truthfully is the most important thing.

ama25

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Do whatever the instructions dictate. You may just need to answer the question and provide the details. Not sure you need to actually send the Exclusion Order unless IRCC asks for it. Answering the question truthfully is the most important thing.
The form doesn’t give you space to add anything extra. Can I an extra paper and add the details?