+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent residence approved

uts065

Jun 9, 2014
Good day all,

I got an email from CIC on my permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. It states that they are pleased to advise me that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre will contact me concerning your permanent resident status. At the time of your appointment, I will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents

My Question to everybody is when should I expect to have CIC contact me and when does the appointment usually comes after the letter is sent out? couple of weeks ? months? days? because I have to on vacation and want to know so I can plan my travel accordingly

Please advise
Thanks in advance

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
uts065 said:
Good day all,

I got an email from CIC on my permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. It states that they are pleased to advise me that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre will contact me concerning your permanent resident status. At the time of your appointment, I will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents

My Question to everybody is when should I expect to have CIC contact me and when does the appointment usually comes after the letter is sent out? couple of weeks ? months? days? because I have to on vacation and want to know so I can plan my travel accordingly

Please advise
Thanks in advance
It could come weeks to months after your DM. Who is your local office? Mine was Windsor, I landed roughly 3 weeks after my DM. I have seen some in Vancouver who are still waiting for landing appointments 6 or 8 months later. It REALLY does depend on your local office. ;)

uts065

Jun 9, 2014
My PR was inside canada. I am already in Canada I came on a visiting visa. The local office it says is Etobicoke, Ontario.

Thanks
Amer

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
uts065 said:
My PR was inside canada. I am already in Canada I came on a visiting visa. The local office it says is Etobicoke, Ontario.

Thanks
Amer
I knew you were Inland, that is why I asked which office you were waiting for an appointment at. Historically speaking, Etobicoke is all over the dang map when it comes to issuing letters for landing. I have seen them send them within a couple of weeks and all the way up to 5 months to issue them. You don't want to miss your landing appointment because it can be difficult to wait to get another. When were you planning to take your vacation? You could try contacting Etobicoke via email, if they have an address listed and let them know when you plan to take your vacation so they won't issue you a date in that time frame. Don't know if it will work though.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
I have seen some in Vancouver who are still waiting for landing appointments 6 or 8 months later.
Yay! I'm also in Vancouver and just love :-* :-* :-* the thought of waiting 8 months...followed by another 3 months for the PR card to arrive in the mail!

Yippee!!!

uts065

Jun 9, 2014
Thanks for the information....but if I happen to get a call during my vacation for an appointment, i can always return back asap to Canada because i have a multi entry visa.

Is that okay to do?

Please advise.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
uts065 said:
Thanks for the information....but if I happen to get a call during my vacation for an appointment, i can always return back asap to Canada because i have a multi entry visa.

Is that okay to do?

Please advise.
They won't call you, they will mail you a physical letter giving date/time. If someone will be monitoring your mail for you there is no reason you can't return if it happens during your vacation. They usually give you a few weeks notice, but a couple times I've seen letters come in with landing date a day or two later as well. Most times it's weeks away though.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
uts065 said:
Good day all,

Please advise
Thanks in advance
hi utso65 I am in tge same boat as you received dm today and my local office is Etobicoke like alurra71 said they really are all over the place when is comes to issuing landing interviews I have seen some people get it within a week of dm so keep a close eye on your mailbox.

butra

Jun 12, 2014
How about when time of confirmation of PR has been refused due to some circumstances? In My Case, Me and Partner went to CIC office for the confirmation of our PR, my partner who is my principal sponsor has been approved but in my case the officer told me that my PR been denied because why I did't include my dependents, I told him that they were not included in my applications and they were staying on their mother and also included in my application the result of my divorce paper... I phoned the CIC Office stating my case they told me to wait for 1 week to see the remarks of the officer and they told me too that in my case is not a big deal because the decision has been made...Can anyone help me to know more about this case am I going to take the assistance of the lawyer or need to wait?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
butra said:
How about when time of confirmation of PR has been refused due to some circumstances? In My Case, Me and Partner went to CIC office for the confirmation of our PR, my partner who is my principal sponsor has been approved but in my case the officer told me that my PR been denied because why I did't include my dependents, I told him that they were not included in my applications and they were staying on their mother and also included in my application the result of my divorce paper... I phoned the CIC Office stating my case they told me to wait for 1 week to see the remarks of the officer and they told me too that in my case is not a big deal because the decision has been made...Can anyone help me to know more about this case am I going to take the assistance of the lawyer or need to wait?
It sounds as if the landing officer decided that you had committed misrepresentation because you were supposed to put your children on your application as non accompanying dependents even if they were never going to come to live in Canada with you. By excluding them you misrepresented yourself and in doing so likely you have shot yourself in the foot. I am not sure if a lawyer is going to be able to help you with this at all. Including your divorce paperwork is NOT the same as listing your dependents.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
If 'butra's application is "inland", there is NO appeal anyway. Note to OP, while it is LIKELY your application is approved, note that the notice you received only says processing has been "completed" not that you have been "approved". It further goes on to say "IF permanent residence is granted . . . "

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
truesmile said:
If 'butra's application is "inland", there is NO appeal anyway. Note to OP, while it is LIKELY your application is approved, note that the notice you received only says processing has been "completed" not that you have been "approved". It further goes on to say "IF permanent residence is granted . . . "
It sounds as if he went to his landing appointment and the officer asked the 3 standards and the OP answered he had children from a previous marriage, which obviously were undeclared. Smacks of misrepresentation and formal denial. Not sure what happens from here, but don't they usually issue departure orders and then exclusion orders?

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Ponga said:
Yay! I'm also in Vancouver and just love :-* :-* :-* the thought of waiting 8 months...followed by another 3 months for the PR card to arrive in the mail!

Yippee!!!
I love sarcasm :-* :p 8)

butra

Jun 12, 2014
If i misrepresented mysel how come in the processed of my application they didn't notice it? Took 3 years years to wait for this then when then the times of COPR suddenly is it fair or not?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
butra said:
If i misrepresented mysel how come in the processed of my application they didn't notice it? Took 3 years years to wait for this then when then the times of COPR suddenly is it fair or not?
CIC dont care. If they take into account of misrepresentation, they will put two years ban. If application is inland, there is no possibility of appeal. Senior members can put more light on it.