+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent residence and WV - possible?

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hello Guys,

4 years ago, i filed for an application for a permanent visa in Canada. Apart from the letter stating they acknowledge receipt (plus payment), i havent heard from the embassy again. Recently, (independent and not related to my permanent res app) i got a job offer and a positive LMO and i am awaiting my medical exam test and eventually, the work visa. Will this WV thing speed up if ever my permanent residence visa app? Will the embassy process this in tandem or will my WV app hamper my permanent res app? your thoughts please. Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kelmolab said:
Hello Guys,

4 years ago, i filed for an application for a permanent visa in Canada. Apart from the letter stating they acknowledge receipt (plus payment), i havent heard from the embassy again. Recently, (independent and not related to my permanent res app) i got a job offer and a positive LMO and i am awaiting my medical exam test and eventually, the work visa. Will this WV thing speed up if ever my permanent residence visa app? Will the embassy process this in tandem or will my WV app hamper my permanent res app? your thoughts please. Thanks
Once you are in Canada on the work permit, get a letter from the employer stating that they will employ you permanently once you receive your PR status. Send that letter and a copy of your work permit as well as updated forms to the processing office. They should then fast track your application. Note that this will only work if the job is level A,B or O in the NOC>

PMM

marie893

Dec 9, 2008
I applied for a WP on October 6th, my permanent residency request for information/evidence came through on 27th October. My WP medical form came through on the 26th October! I definitely think the WP application has speeded up the Permanent application (now at 2yrs 4 months.