+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Landing Question ??

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Dear Friends ,

Hope all of you are well. I need guidance on one issue related to Permanent Landing.

I did my soft landing on 20 Aug 2015 and came back to my home country. Now I am moving permanently on 1st Aug 2018.I have two questions:

1.Am I going to face any issue on Toronto Airport ?
2.Can I come back to my home country for a short trip (15-20 days) in the next two years ?

Appreciate response and support from seniors.

Regards
Q.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
As long as there are still 730 days from when you enter Canada until 19 August, 2020 you shouldn't have any problems with CBSA on your initial return at Toronto Airport.

If you do leave Canada again for a short trip, you may face issues when you come back if you are close to not meeting the residency obligation. Make sure that you can get to your 730 days in the first 5-year period and remember that as of August 20, 2020 the 5 year period will be five years subtracted from that day, and every day thereafter going forward.

With so little time spent in Canada, you can expect a detailed review of any application you make to IRCC for a new PR Card, or if you choose to sponsor a family member. Make sure you keep all the evidence you can to support your time spent in Canada because the onus is on you to prove you are compliant. Keep boarding passes, receipts, rental agreements/mortgage payments, bank statements, etc. to show that you were in Canada on the days you said you were.